Signed and Unsigned Aspose DLLs

Hello,
I noticed that some Aspose products will install 2 separate versions of the same dlls, not signed version vs code signed version.

When considered the whole dlls, this will significantly increase the size of your CDN hosting + downloads on end users.

A code signed version would be enough, of course a developer like to have the signed version to ensure the file is not tampered, if he does not like the signature or need to sign it himself:

SignTool Remove /S /Q “D:\File.exe”

Will easily remove the signature just like its original form.

Another smart way is to include the signed version only in the installers, and during the install, copy the signed version in both signed/not signed locations, then run SignTool Remove via installer for the non-signed versions, this will need to include the small SignTool, a bit complex and not necessary though :slight_smile:

Just a suggestion, no any use or effect for me.

@australian.dev.nerds,

Which Aspose APIs are you using and are you concerned about the versions of those unsigned DLLs?
Furthermore, in regards to Aspose.Cells, we have already removed the unsigned DLLs from the release archive.

1 Like

Hello,
I will install all the Aspose apps to check which ones have both versions, for now, I’m sure Aspose Email have both signed and unsigned versions…

SignTool Remove :slight_smile:

Hello, yes, Aspose.Email has both signed and unsigned versions.

1 Like

Hi and thanks, yep I meant the unsigned versions are unnecessary as a developer will surely need signed version to make sure the files are not tampered after release, in case he needs the unsigned version, a simple command will remove the signature just like its original form:

SignTool Remove /S /Q “D:\File.exe”

The report is just because when considering the whole collection, Aspose Total, this will increase the size for your CDN publishing and users to download, not my issue at all.

Hello,
Aspose.Words for .NET has 6 assemblies in both signed and unsigned versions, increasing the installers up to 2x twice in size :slight_smile:

No MSI installer for the 23.8 with CHM help file?

@australian.dev.nerds,

Our fellow colleagues from Aspose.Words team will get back to you on it soon.

@australian.dev.nerds We already excluded unsigned dlls from Aspose.Words NuGet package. But some of our customer requires unsigned dlls, so we decided to keep unsigned dlls in ZIP and MSI for now. We will consider to exclude them in future.

1 Like

SignTool Remove /S /Q “D:\Signed.dll”

SignTool Remove /S /Q “D:\Signed.dll”

1 Like