We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Signed pdf cannot be converted to pdf/a

I have problems using Aspose Java PDF to create pdf/a document from a standard pdf document.

When using setHandleSignatureChange(true) I get an exception (as expected) because the attached document is a signed document.
When not setting this property it gets successfully converted but the result is not a pdf/a.
Used: PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A

sample01.pdf (213.0 KB)

@d1-admin

Are you using the latest version i.e. 22.10 and are you setting some other specific conversion options as well? Can you please share complete sample code snippet with us as well? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Yes, using 22.10 pdf for Java.

I’m doing the following. Tried it separated from my application - but still the same

File testFile = new File("/tmp/sample01 (5).pdf");    
File logFile = new File("/tmp/out.log");    
File outputFile = new File("/tmp/result.pdf");    

com.aspose.pdf.Document doc = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(new FileInputStream(testFile));    

doc.setHandleSignatureChange(false);    
doc.setLinearized(true);    
boolean convert = doc.convert(logFile.getAbsolutePath(), PdfFormat.PDF_A_1A, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);    
System.out.println(convert);    

doc.save(new FileOutputStream(outputFile));

@d1-admin

We are checking it and will get back to you shortly.

Hi,

how is the status on this issue?

@d1-admin

We were to replicate the issue in our environment. Therefore, it has been logged as PDFJAVA-42277 in our issue tracking system for the sake of correction. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How is the status of this issue?

@d1-admin

The ticket has recently been logged in our issue tracking system and it is pending for analysis. We will surely investigate and fix the ticket on first come first serve basis. You will surely be notified via this forum thread as soon as some progress is made towards ticket resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.