Silent install or "runtime only"?

Hello…I’m trying to find out if there’s a way to install only the necessary assemblies on a customer machine or is the full msi install required? Even better, does Aspose.Word function with the proper assemblies just in the runtime folder as opposed to the GAC. If the full msi is required is there a way to silently install Aspose.Word, i.e. unattended and in the background. Thanks!

Charles

Aspose.Word installer does not install to GAC, it installs to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word

The dll is actually copied to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word\Bin\Aspose.Word.dll

For Aspose.Word to work - all your need is reference Aspose.Word from your development project.

I don't actually think installing Aspose components to GAC is a winning idea since we release hotfixes often and you will end up with too many versions in your GAC, but you can do that if you need.

Running installer silently is possible since it is a normal Windows Installer package. Sorry I forgot how exactly to do this, but look up in MS knwoledge base or in MSDN.