Silverlight/WPF PDF viewer

Do you have a PDF viewer that works in Silverlight and WPF?

Hi Christopher,

I would like to share with you that Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET provides a class named PdfViewer, which allows you to convert the PDF pages to images that can be viewed using any image control. Please see if this can help in your scenario. If you think it doesn’t satisfy your requirement then please share some more details, so we could guide you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Does it convert into a vector format so the pages can be resized and zoomed without any loss of fidelity?

Hi Christopher,

Currently, PdfViewer class allows you to decode PDF pages to Bitmap objects. However, you can use PdfConverter class to convert PDF pages to raster formats like JPEG, TIFF and PNG. I’m afraid, it doesn’t support vector formats at the moment; nevertheless, if you could share which particular format you’re interested in, our team will try to provide the support in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Last post on this seems to be a while ago. Is there a Aspose PDF viewer for WPF that can be used without converting the PDF's to image?

Do you know what is the memory footprint of client side (if all were to be done on client side) of converting a file of about 20MB size to image and reconverting after splitting?

I have requirement to View the PDF as thumbnail and display the page when user clicks the thumbnail, split / rearrange the pages. All of these in WPF based application.

Thanks

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

I would like to share with you that you may use Aspose.Pdf for .NET with WPF applications; however, I’m afraid, it is not feasible to use this in Silverlight applications. We have already logged a request as 19735 to investigate this feature. You’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported.

Moreover, Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET has been merged into Aspose.Pdf for .NET; the former has been discontinued from October 2011. So, you may use the latest merged Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

As far as memory utilization is concerned, it depends upon the type of the file you’re working with. Different files have different types of structures and contents which might impact the memory utilization during processing. So, it would be better if you download the demo version and try at your end with your particular files.

If you find any issues or questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

Thanks..<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Our Requirement is for WPF. So I understand you have something for PDF in WPF.

My question was, "Is there a Aspose PDF viewer for WPF that can be used without converting the PDF's to image"? Is there a PDF container for WPF.

Can you point me to an examples / samples.

Thanks

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

I’m sorry to share with you that currently we do not provide a PDF viewer for WPF; however, the feature I mentioned in my last post is related to such a viewer for both WPF and Silverlight. We’ll update you via this forum thread once we support it in future. Nevertheless, I’m afraid, this might not be available in short time.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,