Size and label issues with charts when converting to PDF

Hi,

I’ve found several issues with charts when converting to PDF compared to the PDF output of Word as you can see in image.png.

Labels in the original document and the PDF output from Word are “text, %” when in the Aspose output, some of them are inverted as “%, text”. In some other cases, labels in Aspose’s output are on top of each other, and in other cases the size of the chart is smaller or bigger, being cut off if it exceeds the row max height.

Can you please have a look at these? You can see the differences in the files Aspose.pdf (Aspose’s PDF output) vs Word.pdf (Word’s output).

Code:

var document = new Document(@".\test.docx");
document.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
document.Save(@".\out.pdf");

image.png (103.0 KB)
test.zip (3.1 MB)

Thank you,

@ServerSide527 Thank you for reporting these problems to us. I have create a separate issues for each of them:

WORDSNET-23624 - Data label values order is changed
WORDSNET-23625 - Data labels overlaps
WORDSNET-23626 - Radius of Pie chart differs from the original
WORDSNET-23627 - [Y VALUE] placeholder is rendered instead of real value in data label

We will keep you informed and let you know once the issues are resolved.

Hi @alexey.noskov

Thanks for your quick response.
I’ve found another instance where instead of showing the percentages in the label, the word “general” is shown instead. I’m attaching it here as it seems related to WORDSNET-23624.

image2.png (89.8 KB)
test2.zip (3.0 MB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527 Thank you for additional information. I have logged a separate defect WORDSNET-23645 for this problem. We will let you know once it is resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23627) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.6 update also available on NuGet.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23624,WORDSNET-23645) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.9 update also available on NuGet.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23626) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.4 update also available on NuGet.