Skip Loading GlueGen and JOGL Libraries during Installing Aspose.Words for Java via Maven

Hi, why does 20.4 version add such a long list of dependencies to various gluegen and jogl libraries ?
Is it possible to avoid it ?
thanks

1 Like

@simone.padovan,

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. We have also noticed this too during testing Maven Script on our end. Currently, GlueGen and JOGL libraries are loading options for all supported platforms. To fix this, we have logged an issue in our issue tracking system. Your ticket number is WORDSJAVA-2380. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of the linked issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The same identical problem is in in 20.5 vesion too…are you going to sovle it or not ?

@simone.padovan,

I am afraid, your issue (WORDSJAVA-2380) is not resolved yet but we are actively working on fixing this issue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will get resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I noticed the same and simply tried to exclude them from my maven build:

<dependency>
		<groupId>com.aspose</groupId>
		<artifactId>aspose-words</artifactId>
		<version>[19.12,20.11]</version>
		<classifier>jdk17</classifier>
		<scope>compile</scope>
		<exclusions>
			<exclusion>
				<groupId>org.jogamp.jogl</groupId>
				<artifactId>jogl-all-main</artifactId>
			</exclusion>
			<exclusion>
				<groupId>org.jogamp.gluegen</groupId>
				<artifactId>gluegen-rt-main</artifactId>
			</exclusion>
		</exclusions>
	</dependency>

Aspose.Words in my case seems to work just fine without it. Don’t know what an OpenGL-library ist needed for …

@simone.padovan, @DirkSteinkamp,

Regarding WORDSJAVA-2380, I am afraid, we will not be able to fix this issue. We tried all options but the best we could do is to write our own POM for JogAmp JOGL library. But, we cannot do this because this POM will fail after receiving future updates from JogAmp side.

The thing is that JogAmp JOGL POM is built for “portability” - it downloads all JAR files for all supported platforms. So, if you (manually?) move your application to some other platform, it still will work (seems strange but it is how JogAmp works)

https://jogamp.org/wiki/index.php/Maven

So, we can suggest you the following two options:

1. If you do not need OpenGL then you can just remove both org.jogamp.jogl and org.jogamp.gluegen dependencies.
  2. Or you can manually Edit the full list of JoGL dependencies to preserve only needed JAR files.

We have also added these comments and commented-out full list to our POM.