Slide Clone

I clone a slide,but have a problem.

the code :
SlideExCollection slds = pres.getSlides();
int pos = slds.addClone(pres.getSlides().get_Item(2));
the error:
Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError: Cannot read a name from the name table in a font. at com.aspose.slides.b.a.b.a.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.n.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.n.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.n.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.C.if(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.C.try(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.C.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.k.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.k.(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.h.case(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.h.try(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.h.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.j.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.j.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.a.l.j.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.ol.(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.Kw.int(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.Kw.final(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.cH.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.JN.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.JN.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.JN.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.JN.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.JN.(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.TextFrameEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.AutoShapeEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.AutoShapeEx.case(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.AutoShapeEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.ShapesEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.GroupShapeEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.BaseSlideEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.SlideEx.do(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.if(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.SlidesEx.if(Unknown Source) at com.aspose.slides.SlidesEx.addClone(Unknown Source)

use the 6.9.0 can solve the problem

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.slides-for-java/entry437273.aspx

Hi Yang,

I have observed the stack trace shared by you. Can you please share the sample presentation with us for further investigation on our end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

we have recently observed the same error as described in the original post. Calling cloneSlide() always fails with “Cannot read a name from the name table in a font”.

Unfortunately, the error occurs only at one of our customers and cannot be reproduced locally. It seems to be connected to the customer’s setup but we don’t known what to look for. Can you provide further information what cases this error, and what we should check on the affected system?

Hi Robert,

I have tried to observe the issue shared and like to share that it seems to be some font related issue on your customer end. There may be some corrupted font at your customer end. What I suggest you is to share the fonts directory from the machine on which you are not reproducing the issue and replace the fonts in your customer machine with copied fonts. He may move the rest of fonts from his machine to some other directory and then try using Aspose.Slides. The alternate option that you can suggest is too use FontsLoader.LoadExternalFonts provided by Aspose.Slides. FontsLoader allows you to load the fonts from a directory without even installing them. I feel this approach will be helpful to you that you share the fonts from machine with no issue and your customer tries to load those fonts on his using FontsLoader in his application. If the issue is still incurring the customer may also move all fonts from his Windows Font directory for instance and then try again by loading fonts using FontsLoader.

If there is any further issue then please share the complete stack trace with us so that I may help you further. The issue is not related to Aspose.Slides but with some corrupted fonts that are causing Aspose.Slides to fail.

Many Thanks,