Slide layout

Hi,

We are using Aspose Slides for Java version 1.9. When we tried to add a slide with blank layout as the first slide, aspose sets the layout as 0 (Title) instead of 16 (Blank). A sample file is attached

The above issue had been fixed with the latest aspose version 2.4 and intermediate release 2.4.2. But due to the issue as mentioned in this thread , we could not take the latest release.

Since we desperately need a fix for this issue, can you please provide a patch for the above issue in Aspose Slides for Java version 1.9 ?

Thanks in advance,
Mani.
(Zoho Corporation.)

Hi Mani,

I have observed the specified issue resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.2. I regret to share that unfortunately it is not possible to share the fix for an older release. The modifications and new implementations are always conducted in latest available product release. I may kindly suggest you to renew your subscription to latest available product release.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We have renewed our subscription for 2 more years upto 2012, Feb 16th (Order ID 110201112219). Since we are facing issues which break our existing features, as mentioned in the previous post (Issue ID 23062), we could not take the latest Aspose Slides for Java version 2.4.2. If you have any further releases/patches over it, please share it to us.

So I request you to provide us a solution - either a stable latest 2.4.2 with no break in existing features or a patch in the older version 1.9. We also prefer a solution in the latest version as early as possible.

Thanks,
Mani
(Zoho Corporation).

Hi Mani,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

I like to share that latest hotfix version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.3 is available and you may download it from here. As I have shared with you earlier that modifications are fixes are always carried in latest available product release, so we will try to fix the issue 23062 in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.4.3. I will request our development team to share the expedite response on the status of the issue. I will share my findings with you as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Because of the issues as per the issue ID 23062, we cannot take the latest release. Once the issue is resolved and the existing features are working in the latest release then only we can take the latest release. Until then, it cannot be used. The layout issue is a show stopper for us. It is affecting many of our customers. So please consider this as a special case and provide a patch for the layout issue in Aspose for Java version 1.9 as early as possible.

Thanks,
Mani.

Hi Mani,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I have raised the priority of your issue in our issue tracking system as well. Actually, at the moment our development is currently resolving the Priority Support issues. We are trying our best to get your issue resolved at the earliest and provide you with the fix ASAP. I will share the good news hopefully soon with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you please specify the time frame for this ? Since we have to announce the time frame to our customers, we need atleast an approximate time frame for the solution.

Thanks,
Mani.

Hello Mani,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Actually at the moment, we are in phase of preparation of product release of Aspose.Slides. We will share the ETA for the fix to issue during next week after the initial investigation carried out by our development team. I assure you that we are pursuing your issue on high priority.

Once again, I am sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Any updates on the above issue ? Please update us the status and when the release will be available to us.

Thanks,
Mani.

Why you not try the aspose version 3.7.1 to fix this problem.

I think it helps you more.

Import com.aspose.slides.*;

private void CreatePresentation() throws Exception

{

//Create a presentation

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

//Add the title slide

Slide slide = pres.addTitleSlide();

//Set the Title text

((TextHolder)slide.getPlaceholders().get(0)).setText(“Slide Title Heading”);

//Set the Sub Title Text

((TextHolder)slide.getPlaceholders().get(1)).setText(“Slide Title Sub-Heading”);

//Write output to disk

pres.write(new FileOutputStream(“c:\outAsposeSlides.ppt”));

Hi Mani,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I have verified from our development team and they have scheduled the issue for last week of April and we are hopeful to resolve this bullet rendering issue by then.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 23062) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.