Slide table limit?

I am trying to export a table of soze 25 columns and 56 rows ; but i just get a blank slide and no exception is thrown.

if I reduce the number of rows to 40 or below , it works fine.

Is there any such limitation with aspose slide API "Evaluation verison" or is it a limitation with aspose slide API itself ?

slide with 40 rows attached.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Well, there may be such limitation in the older versions of Aspose.Slides for Java. It seems that you are using some old version of Aspose.Slides for Java in evaluation mode. Can you please download the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java here. With the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Java, that is, 2.1.0.0, I was able to create a 25x56 table with some text in each cell. The sample code for this is as under:

Presentation pres=new Presentation();

Slide sld=pres.getSlideByPosition(1);

Table tbl= sld.getShapes().addTable(0, 0, 4000, 3000, 25,56);

for( int i=0;i<tbl.getRowsNumber();i++ )

for( int j=0;j<tbl.getColumnsNumber();j++ )

{

TextFrame tf = tbl.getCell(j, i).getTextFrame();

tf.setText("My Text");

Portion port=tf.getParagraphs().get(0).getPortions().get(0);

port.setFontHeight((short)9);

}

pres.write("tbl.ppt");

The presentation produced through above code is attached.

Thanks and Best Regards

Dear Muhammad Sabir,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have taken the latest aspose slide jar from the website.

I also have the same code to draw the table , as you sent me , but with a different font size(13) setting.

If the font size here is set to 13 , Aspose does not draw the table. it gives the blank slide.

Can u check and let me knwo if this is still a limitation.

Thanks,

Vishal

Hi Vishal,

In the light of information provided by you, the code was updated to create the presentation having a slide with table of size 25 x 56 and font height 13 each cell text. The resulting presentation had a slide with table misplaced from the slide. Based on these results, an issue has been created on our Issue Tracking System with issue id 13646. This forum thread has been associated with this issue so that an automated notification may be posted in this thread as soon as it is resolved.

Best Regards

Hi,

In my case when i try to create a table with 56 rows and 25 cols and cell height as 13 , i do not see the table at all, not even misplaced. What we see that new slide is created without table component.

By the way, we have few charts, header and footer to be export in the same PPT, we see all other components getting exported but not seeing table at all.

Hi Vishal,

Well, different results are observed, when the output presentation is viewed through MS PowerPoint 2003 or MS PowerPoint 2007. When the attached presentation as created through Aspose.Slides for Java 2.1.0.0 is viewed through MS PowerPoint 2003, some bottom rows of the table are there on the upper quarter of the slide with text as written in each cell. On the other hand, on viewing the same presentation in MS PowerPoint 2007, the table with cells without text will be shown far away from the top of the slide. You can find it by scrolling up. Moreover, as a reverse approach, if you try to create a 25x56 table through MS PowerPoint 2003, it will not allow more than 25x25 table. The only way to create such table in PPT is to create through MS PowerPoint 2007 and save in "PowerPoint 97-2003" format as attached in your initial post.

As already mentioned, the issue has been logged into our Issue Tracking System for detailed investigation. It would be too early to conclude anything from our end. As soon as there is progress, you will be updated in this thread.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi,

We would like to know if Aspose library can create table as following. Since this is something that microsoft can support.

Excel 2003

Worksheet size 65,536 rows by 256 columns

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/hp051992911033.aspx

Excel 2007 limits

Worksheet size 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP100738491033.aspx

In Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and earlier, tables had a maximum size of 25 rows by 25 columns

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA102118841033.aspx

In PowerPoint 2007, the maximum table size has increased to 75 rows by 75 columns.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA102118841033.aspx

And more, when we try to create Excel 2003 with table of 775(Rows) X 50(Columns) = 38750(Cells) and Powerpoint 2003 with table of 375(Rows) X 10(Columns) = 3750(Cells) in single slide, Program failed with Java heap space error.

Do we have some performance/limitation numbers like what is maximum table can be supported and what should be heap size to support export of large-sized table?

Hi Vishal,

We apologize for the delayed response. MS PowerPoint is not the right application for creating huge tables. PowerPoint’s tables are very inefficient and have a lot of limitations. At first, PowerPoint has limitation for number of shapes on a slide. Tables generate (3* cellsnumber + columnsnumber + rowsnumber) shapes. That means table of 375(Rows) X 10(Columns) will contain (337510 + 375 + 17) = 11635 grouped shapes.

So, when you need to add a big table in MS PowerPoint, generate the table in MS Excel and insert it as image or OLE objects to a slide. Try using the code from this link for OLE objects additions to slide.

Thanks.

I am more interested to know limitation in term of Aspose support for Excel sheet 2003/2007 and Powerpoint 2003/2007.

It can provide some numbers that would be great.

Hi,

Well, there is no limitation in terms support for Excel sheet 2003 and 2007 for Aspose.Cells for Java product. The component just supports just same as MS Excel (2003 and 2007) does.

"And more, when we try to create Excel 2003 with table of 775(Rows) X
50(Columns) = 38750(Cells) and Powerpoint 2003 with table of 375(Rows)
X 10(Columns) = 3750(Cells) in single slide, Program failed with Java
heap space error.

Do we have some performance/limitation numbers like what is maximum table can be supported and what should be heap size to support export of large-sized table?"

Well, when filling large dataset into a sheet, the process would surely require a lot of memory but there is not any known issue for it. You got to make sure that you have sufficient amount of memory assigned to your JVM too, otherwise the process may fail or product out of memory error.

Moreover, the memory needed for big tasks, may depend on various factors, e.g how many cells are being created/initialized or filled, and what type of data or objects to be filled into the sheet cells, how the formatting or other features is implemented in the sheet etc.

I have also attached the latest fix for you if you can give it a try.

If you find any issue, kindly let us know about it and we will check it asap.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-13646) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.