Slide Thumbnail image not refreshing correctly

When I load a presentation and view a thumbnail of a slide, then change the text on that slide, the new thumbnail crops the new text to the size of the original text. This doesn’t effect the actual slide however.

In the attached zip are the original presentation (blank.ppt), thumbnails before (img1.png) and after (img2.png) the text was modified, and the final presentation (pres.ppt.)

The source to generate these files (except the blank.ppt) is:

Presentation pres = new Presentation(@“C:\blank.ppt”);
Slide titleSlide = pres.GetSlideByPosition(1);
TextHolder holder1 = (TextHolder)titleSlide.Placeholders[0];
TextHolder holder2 = (TextHolder)titleSlide.Placeholders[1];
Image img1 = titleSlide.GetThumbnail(1.0, 1.0);
holder1.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “This is all of my new text”;
holder2.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = “This is all of my new text”;
Image img2 = titleSlide.GetThumbnail(1.0, 1.0);
img1.Save(@“C:\img1.png”, ImageFormat.Png);
img2.Save(@“C:\img2.png”, ImageFormat.Png);pres.Write(@“C:\pres.ppt”);

Andrew Hammer
Senior Developer
ahammer@geodecisions.com

Dear Andrew,

Text was cropped because when you change text current version of Aspose.PowerPoint can’t
automatically resize TextFrame.
Quick solution is create large frames for text on the template presentation.
Automatic resizing text frames (fit frame to text) will be implemented soon.

The text frames in the template are already large (almost the width of the page.) They're still being cropped. I saw another wierdness today when I put a large amount of text which is centered in the TextFrame initially. I used this text "D:\ArcIMS\Output\IRRIS60_PC49167S40209643.map" When I update the text to something shorter like "Andrew" it displays left justified instead of centered.

Andrew

Dear Andrew,

What version of Aspose.PowerPoint you use?
I just tested your code with attached blank.ppt and got correct thumbnail with 2.1.1 version.

We’re using 2.0.1.0 I’ll download the newest version and let you know if I have any difficulties.

Thanks,
Andrew