Slides 2.8.5.0 has bullet points in table cell textframes after HasBullet=false

I just upgraded to version 2.8.5.0.

I am adding text to table cells but each cell has a bullet even though I set HasBullet to false:

cell.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].HasBullet = false;

Each cell has only one Paragraph.

Note: in the previous version of Slides HasBullet was an integer. Is there an additional property that needs to be set now?

Shaun

Dear Shaun,

I had checked it, the older version Aspose.Slides for .NET 2.8.4.0 is working fine, but the latest version Aspose.Slides for .NET 2.8.5.0 is showing a bullet.

We will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks as always for your support.

Has this issue been resolved? Thanks.

Sure, it was resolved. Please check description of the hot fix:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.slides/entry136207.aspx

Fixes:

• 5316 - Bullets appear in table cells after slide cloning or presentation saving.

I appear to have this problem too, but in Java using the latest Java download is there a hot fix for it. Bullet points also appear on empty lines in my case aswell as bullet points on paragraphs that should not have any.

Hi,

Are you sure? Because I am not getting this problem in Aspose.Slides for JAVA 1.8.4.0, which is the latest one.

Sorry i didn't realise that when dealing with cells that paragraphs are defaulted to Bullet points and they had to be turned of, I've done this now and it works fine.

When dealing with free text (text not in cells) the paragraphs have to explicitly set to Bullet points for them to work I assumed it was the same for cells in in tables.

Thanks

Steve

alcrus:
Sure, it was resolved. Please check description of the hot fix:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.slides/entry136207.aspx

Fixes:
  • 5316 - Bullets appear in table cells after slide cloning or presentation saving.

Hi alcrus,

I upgraded to the lastest version but code that used to work fine for outdents and outdents with bullets is no longer working correctly. I wonder if you could perhaps provide a few examples for how to:

* Outdent with no bullet, and if the text spans multiple lines they will align properly;

* Outdent with a bullet. There needs to be an offset between the bullet and the start of the text, and if the text spans multiple lines, they should align with the text on the first line, not under the bullet.

Thanks.

Shaun

Dear Shaun,

For out denting text, please see this post.

Im using v. 2.8.7 for .NET 1.1 and the bullet issue has not been resolved here to my knowledge. To enable newline UI in table cell, I add an xtra Paragraph for each newline. Furthermore I set the Hasbullet property to false like this:

cell.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].HasBullet=false;

In debug mode, I can see that the HasBullet property is always false, yet when i Open the generated ppt, I see the bullet on my newline.

Then I retrieve a Portion. It is in the Portion.Text property I apply the content. Like this

Portion portion=cell.TextFrame.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0];

Am I wrong here?

I checked, Aspose.Slides 2.8.7.0 is working fine and bullets problem has been resolved. Please see the code below and its output by 2.8.7.0

Ok, please provide your code. I think you forgot to attach it. Sorry, now I see it.

OK, I have looked at your file(it is not source code, though so it doesnt really suggest that the problem has been solved).

My situation is that I have user input like this:

"Nino

[empty line]

SCST".

In debug mode I see that the text in the cell:

((Table)presentation.Slides[1].Shapes[3]).GetCell(4,0).TextFrame.Text: "NINO \r \r SCST"

In the generated ppt, I see this:

[bullet] Nino

[bullet] [empty line]

[bullet] SCST

I can provide the ppt file if you need it.

Sorry, I forgot to paste the code.

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

Slide sld = pres.GetSlideByPosition(1);

Aspose.Slides.Table tbl = sld.Shapes.AddTable(100, 100, 3000, 2000, 3, 3);

Aspose.Slides.Cell _cell = tbl.GetCell(1, 1);

TextFrame tf = _cell.TextFrame;

tf.Paragraphs[0].Portions[0].Text = "Some Text.";

pres.Write("c:\\outTable.ppt");

Why are you using Slides[1], use presentation.GetSlideByPosition(1);. If still your problem is not resolved, then provide me your code and also attach its output.

Why are you using Slides[1], use presentation.GetSlideByPosition(1);. If still your problem is not resolved, then provide me your code and also attach its output.

I use Slide[1] to show you my debug information. I will provide you with code sample soon.

I just upgraded to 2.9.2.0 and this appears to be broken again (bullet points appearing in table cell textframes when not supposed to). Can you check it please?

Thanks.

Shaun

Hello Shaun,

We will check it but there shouldn’t be such a problem because we use latest version of
Aspose.Slides for .Net in Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services and everything work fine there.

May be you set HasBullet property before adding Paragraph to the Paragraphs collection?
There were similar reports a few days ago but that is correct behavior.