Slides extracted from ppt by Aspose.Slides for Java can't be read by Aspose.Slides for .Net

We used Aspose.Slides for Java for extracting inividual slides (as ppt-files) from presentation.

It is neccessary to read these slides with help of Aspose.Slides for .Net, but some of these slides can’t be read - constructor of Presentation class throws an exception.
See attached:
“Presentation.ppt” is source presentation file, “silde.ppt” is one of the wrong slides.

Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev

Dear Stanislav,

I have investigated the presentation in detail. I have been able to generate the individual presentation files using Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.3.0. Actually, you may be missing Frutiger font in your machine and that is why the generated presentation has default Arial font. Please install the desired font and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks for your reply

But if I use Aspose.Slides for .Net for dividing presentation to slides all works fine - slides are readable.
So it looks like defect in Java version of Aspose.Slides.

Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev
PS. Some additional details:
After splitting of presentation.ppt to 7 slides using Aspose.Slides Java slides 1,3,5 can not be open by Aspose.Slides Java (and also by Aspose.Slides .NET).
I'm attaching all 3 slides that can not be open.
Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev

Dear Stanislav,

I have investigated the issue specified by you and have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you. An issue with ID 21211 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Can you advice what is wrong with the presentation so I can avoid this error?
Should I just avoid usage of pictures or visio embeded objects in PPTs and this will solve the problem?
Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev

Dear Stanislav,

As I shared with you earlier that I have been able to reproduce the issue as specified by you with the shared presentations. Now, our development team will investigate and resolve the issue. As soon as they will investigate and resolve the issue, I will be really obliged to share the information with you. I really appreciate your patient response so far.

Hello,

I`m sending you a test case with different presentations. Archive also includes results - log.txt. Source is placed in test_jar_src directory.

Even an empty presentation in our corporate style can not be processed by Aspose.Slides for Java.

We open the presentation with Aspose.Slides, split it by slides, save, but then Aspose.Slides Java can not open any of the slides and throws errors.

Source presentation and slides that can’t be open by Aspose.Slides Java are attached.

Please attach this presentation/slides to issue ID 21211 so the developers can have a look at this example.

It is critical for us - it looks like Aspose can not work with any of our presentations since all presentations are in a corporate style. We’re using Aspose.Slides .NET almost for two years and never had this problem as we now have with Java version.

Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev

Dear Stanislav,

Thanks for sharing added piece of information as it will be valuable for issue resolution. I have shared this information in our issue tracking system with ID 21211. When our development team will focus on the mentioned issue, we will share the update with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello ,
additional information - attached is a slide with simple graphic and text object taken from the corporate template.

If you copy paste it into the new blank slide and try to process, it fails.
If you create it from from scratch on the new blank slide and try to process, it does not fail.

Ctibor Sturc

Dear Ctibor,

We really appreciate your cooperation towards issue resolution. The shared data will be helpful for our development team in resolving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Mudassir,
can you please tell us whether anybody is working on this issue at all?

Is there any date when you plan to start and you plan to have a fix for this issue?

I am sorry for repeating this question again but I hope you understand that without any fix or workaround for splitting the presentation to slides we are not able to use this component at all.

Thank you,

-cs-

Dear Ctibor,

I regret to share that the issue specified is still unresolved. I have requested our development team to share the updated status about the issue. As soon as some response is shared, I will be obliged to share that with you.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

There is new version of Aspose.Slides for Java. We fixed problem with slides cloning. Unfortunately presentation unknown1.ppt was already broken by previous version of Aspose.Slides. Slides from other presentations should be cloned fine now.

Japanese fonts issue tested on Suse and Ubuntu. Please try it and write about results.

Thank you for the patience.

Hello Alexey,

Thanks for a new version, the logic of splitting presentations into slides works fine so far.

But chinese previews are still broken, please find a presenation and generated preview in attachment.

Best regards,
Stanislav Kopyshev

Dear Stanislav,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the specified issue. An issue with ID 21946 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

Mudassir,

Please accept some more information:
Aspose Java 2.4.1 splitted a presentation into slides, but Aspose .NET 2.9.2.0 cannot open slide #9.
Files are attached.
Aspose .NET of version 4.4.2.0 can open the same slide.
Was it a problem in the old Aspose .NET 2.9.2.0 or it is a problem in a new Aspose Java 2.4.1?

Br,
Alexander Rykov

Hello Alexander,

There was problem with copying hyperlinks. It was fixed and will be available in the next 2.5.0 Aspose.Slides for Java release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 21211) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-21946) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.