Slow calendar control in cells.gridweb

Using the latest (4.8) Cells.GridWeb.After each repost, after clicking on a ‘date’ cell, it takes 5-10 seconds for a calendar pick control to render. Subsequent clicks on the same or other cells in the date column bring the calendar immediately, until any repost operation, after which the delay starts again. Why is this happening? If here is no wat to speed it up, can calendar control be prevented from showing up for date cells? I can’t afford to have a user wait 5-10 seconds after a click in my data entry intensive application…

The problem can be duplicated in your demo/see 'binding to a custom collection" demo on your web site.

Hi Garrick,

We will check how to speed up calendar control rendering in the first load. Calendar control can be prevented. "binding to a custom collection" demo is just to show the ability to bind to different controls. In "Date and Time Format" demo you can see that no date time cell is binding to Calendar control.

Hi,

Please try the attached version. We have enhanced the speed of loading Calendar control in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.0.2.2002. Please try it.

Thank you.

I did not see any significant improvement, perhaps a little better; still takes over 5 seconds on a pretty fast 2.8Ghz core 2 duo PC. Not sure how you are doing it behind the scenes, but I do not see any new/different files downloaded to the client; are you sure the .DLL file is the only thing that I need to see the improvement on client side?

Hi,

Well, the calender control’s speed is improved and much better than before. Anyways, we will further look into your issue and get back to you soon.

By the way, could you also provide us your environment details, OS, .NET framework, any other extension etc.

Thank you.

We running under what is .NET services for SAP portal; it is a portal based, browser hosted application.Client side is WinXP/.NET 2.0, with IE6 or IE7, and soon (being tested) IE8. No other browsers are currently supported due to other portal compatibility issues. We are also using a Javascript package called ExtJS to do screen layout; it is known to be pretty fast, and we use it in other application. ExtJS usage on the particular page is minimal.

It is an in-house app, network speed is 1Ghz, although some PCs only have 100Mhz cards. All PCs are no more than 2-3 years old, so lower end would be p4 3Ghz, mostly 2.8Ghz HT, or better (Core 2 Duo 2Ghz.) , at least 1Ghz memory. Speed issue is on the client side, not just the date picker but also grid rendering in general which I have a separate post for. I have used Fiddler web debuggger and I can clearly see that data gets to the browser, but then the browser takes a long time to do anything.

The page actually has a total of 5 grids, currently only 2 are currently used (data bound). One (master ) has 14 columns, 10 visible rows, no paging, will never have more than 100 rows due to how we get data from the database. the second grid has 8 columns, 10 visible rows, Second grid is paged (50 rows/page), data can actually contain anywhere between 1 and 2,000 rows, but again, by default, we only retrieve 100 rows max from the database. The remaining 3 grids are not yet bound to any data, they are on different tab pages, with tabs provided by the ExtJS. These 3 grids will never have more than a few (5 or 10 at most) rows of data.

Hi,

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12255) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.