Slow opening of Excel 2007 workbook

Hi Guys,

I know this is a tricky one to answer as I can't send the actual 2007 spreadsheet (due to compnay confidentiality) but I've having some performance problesm with opening a fairly large spreadsheet.

I have a spreadsheet which is 1.7MB in size and contains about 30 worksheets. It's used for insurance rating and has alot of formulae and VBA code as well as a large number of named ranges. Our application will populate the named range fields to create a new spreadsheet of the original template.

I have the spreadheet as a byte array and wrap a memeory stream around it to open it via the workbook.open method. Here is a methos I use to open the spreadsheet:

private static Workbook GetWorkbookFromStream(Stream stream)

{

logger.Debug("Create workbooking (Timing)");

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();

logger.Debug("Open the workbook (Timing)");

workbook.Open(stream);

logger.Debug("Return the workbook (Timing)");

return workbook;

}

It takes 11 seconds between the Open the workbook and Return the workbook log statements which is too long for our users as this happens between page requests in our application.

As I say, I know it's difficult to track down without the xls but are there any tips on how to speed this up? I'm using Aspose.Cells 4.9.1.0,

Many Thanks,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Could you try our latest version v5.1.0 that we release a few days before to check if the performance is increased a bit.
See the following sample code for your reference:
LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Xlsx);
Workbook wb = new Workbook(stream,loadOptions);

If you still find the issue, I am afraid, we need your template Excel 2007 file to evaluate your issue.
You can mark “Keep this post private” check box in the thread while answering the post. Now only you and Aspose staff members would be able to see/download your attachments/posts in the thread.

Thank you.