Slow performance of CalculateFormula with Aspose.Cells for .NET in C#

I am using your Aspose.Cells component in one of my software projects, and am finding the Workbook.CalculateFormula method to be very, very slow with my files. I have created a test console app that simply opens the file using:

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(@"C:\WebTemplate2.xlsx");
workbook.CalculateFormula();

The call to new Aspose.Cells.Workbook takes about 3 seconds, but the call to CalculateFormula takes almost 14 seconds! I am wondering if there is an issue with my file that I can correct that will speed this up, or if there is something in the component that is causing this, or some combination of the two.

I have attached a sample file that I am using to run these benchmarks tests. Please let me know if you see anything that is causing this to be so painfully slow. This is for a web application so 14 seconds will make Aspose.Cells completely unviable as an option for us. Thanks!

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the xlsx file provide by you with the latest version, however, it now throws exception.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-29451.

Please download the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

C#

string path = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\WebTemplate2.xlsx”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

I downloaded version 6.0.1.2 and was able to reproduce the exceptions. I have modified the file and the exceptions no longer occur. Turns out I needed to add some text at or below the lines the SUMIF function was looking for. If there’s no data below that, it errors. However, CalculateFormula( ) is still taking 14 seconds to complete. I have attached the modified file for you to test with. Thanks.

By the way, thanks for your quick reply, your customer service is great!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and comments and your input file.

We will investigate the problem and enhance the CalculateFormula performance and get back to you asap.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version).

Thank you so much, it works great…and quite fast now! You guys are truly amazing and your customer service is the best I’ve experienced anywhere in a very long time! Thank you!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-29451) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.