Slow rendering PDF to image for huge size pdf file

Hi

I have encountered an error in my app, it cuases the app to crash if it opens a PDF file with huge size, in my sample i have 35mb pdf file. Also how can i make it load faster… because Adobe Reader opens the same file in less than 2 seconds. i dont know if the approach that made in my sample here is the right one,this the only way i know so far.

in my code i converted the pdf pages to images and add the images to image list. and every time i click the next button i just call the image list. and display the image in the picture box… please help… here is the link of the sample…

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hny1qv1odutyra

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for using our products and sharing the sample application with template documents with us.

I tested the scenario and able to notice that the source PDF document you are trying to open have multiple high resolution images, thats why loading and rendering process is too slow. However, during my testing I tried to open a book of 540 pages and it loads in less time then your provided PDF file which has only 8 pages. I think there is no issue in process the only reason which slow this process is high resolution images. Moreover, We can not compare this process of opening the PDF doucment with Adobe Reader because in our process multiple steps are involved. Sorry for the incinvenience.

Please feel free to contact support in case you required any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,