Slow time to Open PDF File

In the documentation for the PdfViewer Class it says that the conversion rate is two seconds per page. Why is this done on OpenPDFFile instead of DecodePage? To open a single page PDF it can take between 6 and 10 seconds but to decode the page it only takes about 50ms. The documentation stays that Open PDF File opens a PDF file stream, but it does not actually decode the pages of the PDF file. If that’s the case why does it take so much more time to open the PDF file versus decoding a page?

Hi Chris,

I would like to share that due to the PDF file structure and the requirements of the implementation details, PdfViewer need to do some initialization work on opening a PDF file; that’s why it takes a little more time at this stage. However, I have forwarded a request to our development team to look into this matter and see if the process can be improved. The request is logged as PDFKITNET-10186 in our issue tracking system. Nevertheless, I’m afraid that due to certain limitations this feature can not be enhanced in short time. You’ll be updated via this forum depending upon the response from our development team.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10186) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.