Smart Marker Question

No, this feature is still not supported yet. But we have put it on the top of our work list.

Hi,

I just wanted to follow up on this upcoming feature - any news about it? Beta or release date?

Also, some ideas about it:

1. There should be an unlimited number of sub-groups and each sub-group could have their own sub-group

2. We should be able to put some kind of code or tag or id of the parent in the excel sheet to link the two -that way we will be able to format everything in excel and place the main table and all subs whereever we would like in excel

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for keeping in touch,

We are in the final phase of the features. Hopefully, we may be able to release the related version soon.

Thanks for being patient!

H,

Please replace SmartMarkerDesigner.xls with the attached xls file in demo project.

In e_group.doc, we list some supported type and sutotal type.

Hi,

I tried it out - it's great :) You guys are truly amazing - it has exceeded by expectations.

Just to make sure I understand -

a. we can use group:normal or group:repeat or group:merge....with a skip that says how many rows to skip in between each group (great feature)

b. subtotalN --- uses Excel's built-in 11 functions (great feature)

c. subtotalN:table.colA --- does the subtotal based on the column

I have three questions:

1. Just for us to know - can we group the subtotal by more than two columns? (just for us to know)

2. Is there a way to format the subtotals? Maybe bold or something like that....

3. Is there a way to get a grand total on bottom - is that just a SUM under these rows?

Thanks for all your work! Aspose is the best!

Hi,

1,please use subtotalN:table.colA&table.colB to subtotal A and B columns.

2, We will look into this feature. Do you want to set the font be always bold or you want to set it by yourslef?If you want to set it by yourself, we think maybe we have to change our desiger. The subtotal smart maker should be in the next row, then we can simply know which style you want to set for subtotal cells.

3,If you want to add a grand total on bottom, please add it in the template file.Please check Cell C6 of Worksheet "Table Group" in previous attached demo xls file.

By the way ,after each group in Excel, the cell value is "xxxx total" in the subtotal . Do you need it? I don't know how to process it if the group type merge.

Hi,

1. Is there a way to subtotal more than 2 columns (just asking)?

a) Is it possible for now just to Bold it?

b) If we wanted to do it ourselves, we would need to put it on separate line? Or you would put it on separate line?

3. I see - Subtotal ignores other subtotals - excellent!

4. "By the way ,after each group in Excel, the cell value is "xxxx total" in the subtotal . Do you need it? I don't know how to process it if the group type merge." --- I don't understand this statement ?

Thanks! Great feature!

Hi,

1, yes.

2. We are looking into put it on separate line.

4, Please see attached xls file. The cell C6 value is "Tom Total". In our current version, the cell C6 will be empty.

Hi,

We have supported 2.Please try this fix.

Hi,

We attached the demo to show how to support 2 in Worksheet "Table Group2" and changed some note about subtotal smart marker.

Hi,

Do you have a date when this will be out of beta?

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you have a date when this will be out of beta?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for following up.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

We will release a public version within one week.

Hi Laurence,

Thanks! Your team is the best! Aspose has the best support & functionality.

Keep it up!

Hi,

Do you have a date when this will be out of beta? (no pressure :))

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for following up.

Well, our next public release has been delayed due to some urgent tasks (to be performed) and extended testing of the component. Hopefully we can release our next version for .NET within 10 days or so.

Thank you.

Hi,

I see the new version was released! Yay!!!

Can someone quickly jot down the updates for each of these-

What's New?
  • Convert Worksheet to image.
  • Support to convert Excel file to HTML file format.
  • Support to sort the data from left to right.
What's Improved?
  • Supported more functions in formula calculation engine
  • Supported more custom filters in autofilter.
  • Enhanced Excel2007 Xlsx support
  • Enhanced SpreadsheetML support
  • Enhanced xls2Pdf conversion
  • Enhanced Charts2Image conversion.
  • Enhanced smart marker
  • Supported getting linked cell of radio button from template file.

I don't see the documentation for any of these changes.

Thanks!

Hi,

Well, we are working on some new documenation topics for some new sets of APIs that are added in this version. Hopefully, we can upload / update the Aspose.Cells documenation with its API reference in 1-2 days. But When you install the latest version (4.5.0.0) using its Aspose.Cells.MSI installer, Aspose.Cells.chm help file is there, so, you may check the file for the new sets of APIs that are included.

What's New?

Worksheet.SheetToImage() overloaded method is added.

FileFormatType.Html member is included.

DataSorter.SortLeftToRight() attribute is added for the class.

What's Improved?

We have enhanced formula calculation list and add some more formulas, the list would be updated in the documenation soon.

We have supported custom filterization now, AutoFilter.Custom method is introudced.

• Enhanced Excel2007 Xlsx support

We did some enhancements related formattings for .xlsx files.

• Enhanced SpreadsheetML support

We did some enhancements for SpreadsheetML format in Excel 2007 .xlsx files.

• Enhanced xls2Pdf conversion

We did some improvements for Excel 2 Pdf conversion to make it more precise and accurate.

• Enhanced Charts2Image conversion.

We improved Chart2Image conversion to make it more precise.

• Enhanced smart marker

We introduces Smart markers's grouping options for inserting summary rows into the data sets. I think you better know about this feature because this thread tells all about it and this functionality is included in the latest version.

• Supported getting linked cell of radio button from template file.

We supports to retrieve the linked cell's info for a radio button control in the designer file.

Hopefully, it would help you.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please check the following Aspose.Cells documenation links for the new enhancements / updatation.

What's New?
Converting Worksheet to Image: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/converting-worksheet-to-image.html
Saving files: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/saving-files.html ..... I have included FileFormatType.Html info in it.
Data Sorting: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/data-sorting.html ... I have introduced new API i.e. DataSorter.SortLeftToRight member.

What's Improved?

Updated Supported Formulas / Functions: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/supported-formulas-functions.html

We have supported custom filterization now, AutoFilter.Custom method is introudced.

Auto-Filtering and Validation: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/data-filtering-and-validation.html .

• Enhanced smart marker

We introduces Smart markers's grouping options for inserting summary rows into the data sets. I think you better know about this feature because this thread tells all about it and this functionality is included in the latest version.

Smart Markers: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/smart-markers.html ..... I have added a subtopic with all the details with examples to demonstrate new grouping feature related Smart Markers.
Thank you.