Smart Marker Question

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed descriptions. It is much helpful.

I believe there is a bug with the new version -

It used to be that when we didn't have any data in the DataTable, the tags would disappear. Now, they are still there after running the report - do you know why?

Thanks!

Hi,

No, it's not a bug. Actually, now, the valid markers would remain placed into the worksheet whether the source datatable is empty. I think we did support this feature upon some user's request and is worthwhile for some reason you know.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is a bug for us - we don't want the tags there because it doesn't make sense for the end user.

How can we get rid of them??

Hi,

We would like to give this DLL with the new features to our clients, but cannot since all the tags remain if the dataset is empty.

Can you please provide a fix to this please?

Thanks!

Hi,

OK, we will check the feasibility to erase them if the source datatable is empty. And by the way, in the mean time, you may try to ease them using Aspose.Cells APIs (if the related datatable is empty). e.g., Cells.DeleteRange() method.

Thank you.

Hi,

1. We cannot erase them

2. We are going to production any day and just found this bug with the new version of Aspose.Cells - all the previous version were working well.

3. Please let us know when you have a fix

Thanks!

Hi,

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

Hi,

Thanks - it seems to work!

Will this be the way going forward? Maybe this can be the default way, but if a user wants to leave the tags there, they can pass in a parameter?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you want to leave the tags, please use WorkbookDesigner.Process(true) method.

Hi,

Thanks for the fix.

In this fix, does the Smart Markers Grouping functionality work? I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

Never mind, I figured it out!

Thanks for the fix!

Hi,

Is there any way to have multiple Groups (that way 2-3 columns are not repeated, but the rest are)?

We would like to group by columns A-C (and have them listed once each value) and have sub-total of D-G.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not completely clear about your requirement. We appreciate if you could provide us the sample template file and other details etc., we will check the feasibility if it can be implemented using Smart Markers grouping options.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please see attached - currently, we can group using one column - how do we group using more than one (two, three, etc...)?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We will look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

After checking your template file i.e.., "Sample.xls", Aspose.Cells can support multiple groups with Group option: i.e.., Group:Normal,Group:Repeat,Group:Merge. Kindly find enclosed the attachment (the zip file contains some template files) for reference for your requirement.

Thank you.

Hi,

If we have 'Group', how do we put a value of one of the cells next to the sub-total of the group?

Thanks!

Hi,

In grouping data for Smart Markers (see the complete topic: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/smart-markers.html), as you already know, there would be always summary row(s) in b/w details when the markers would be processed accordingly. The summary row(s) are inserted dynamically too. I am not sure your need completely but I think as I shared the summary rows are inserted dynamically in b/w the cells, so logically it might not possible that your static data will be placed in your desired positions.

thanks for your understanding!

Aspose.Cells continuously enhanced the rendering features to make them more robust and efficient with lots of enhancements, The charts and other drawing objects would be retained as they are in the Excel file when rendering the Excel workbook to PDF file format. Aspose.Cells’ Chart to image and Chart to PDF features produce results with high fidelity and accuracy.

For more information on converting Excel files to PDF, Sheet to image, rendering chart to image and chart to PDF features, please follow the document links below:
Convert Excel Workbook to PDF
Chart Rendering
Converting Worksheet to Image using ImageOrPrint Options

Please download the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET from the following link:
Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

You can also download the latest demos here for your complete reference.