Smart Markers - Display list of objects with properties


#1

Hello,
I am having a difficult time representing a list child of an object (tasks):
aspose smart marker 3.PNG (4.4 KB)

with Smart Markers. The list is a child of a parent object. The other children display fine, but the members of the list do not.

I have attached some pictures to illustrate this. The properties “aa” and “bb” are not properties of the object.
aspose smart marker 2.PNG (4.3 KB)
aspose smart marker 1.PNG (9.2 KB)

If I use the expected Smart Marker (&=djr.tasks.nM), it displays the entire JSON object in the cell:
aspose smart marker 4.PNG (10.7 KB)

What is the proper format of Smart Marker to use for this scenario? I followed the example with Husbands and Wives, but apparently missed something. Have been stuck on this for a while now and would appreciate any help.


#2

@mkborgelt,
Could you please share current and expected output excel files with narrowed down code (runnable) for our analysis. Also see the document with example code for your reference:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Smart+Markers


#3

Hello @ahsaniqbalsidiqui,

Here is a google drive link which contains the compressed Visual Studio project, the example files you requested, and some additional information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YtvlKc8n0qpPADDRvbu6mIc34uWwY5Oo/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing this share or running the program.

Best,
Matt


#4

@mkborgelt,

Thanks for the sample project with template file.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned using your sample project with your template file. I found an issue when displaying JSON list objects with properties. It looks like nested smart markers won’t work when using with JSON objects. Anyways, we have to look into it. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46784” for your issue. We will investigate your issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.


#5

@mkborgelt,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon (hopefully in the next week or so) provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.


#6

Hello Amjad,

This is fantastic news!! Thank you for the prompt response. I look forward to using the fixed version.

Best,
Matt


#7

@mkborgelt,

Sure, we will share the Download link to the fix in the next few days.

Keep in touch.


#8

@mkborgelt,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.6.1 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)


#9

Thank you for the prompt response! I will let you know when we try this out.


#10

@mkborgelt,

Sure, please take your time to evaluate the fix, hopefully it will figure out your issue.


#11

Hi Amjad,

I’ve integrated the fix into our project, it seems to work fine. We came up with a solution that involves re-structuring the hierarchy of the JSON objects and creating multiple datasources.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Matt


#12

@mkborgelt,
Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the suggested version. Feel free to contact us at any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.


#13

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46784) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi