SmartArt content accesibility

Hi!

I need a little help with working with SmartArt objects.

As one of the special Shape objects, MSO Word has provided SmartArt objects that are divided into several categories (List, Process, Cycle, Hierarchy, Relationship, Matrix, Pyramid, Picture).

Using your API, I can access a given SmartArt object as a Shape object, but I cannot access each individual field and read/set its content.

Guided by the approach I used on Excel (your Cells product), I tried (on Word) that when I read a given SmartArt object as a Shape object, I read a collection of its Shape nodes and that way I observe each of the fields of the SmartArt object as a separate Shape (as with Excel, i.e. Cells), however, I get an empty iterator (its size is 0), so I assume that this is not the approach you should follow.

Could you give me approach, the way, how would I be able to access each individual field/element of the SmartArt object and read/set a value to it, if one is provided?

Thanks!
Nenad

@zpredojevic Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not provide public API to work with or create SmartArt. This feature request is logged as WORDSNET-4009. We will keep you informed and let you know once this feature is supported.

@alexey.noskov

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

@alexey.noskov Hi! Do you have any update on this? Is this feature still unsupported? Iā€™m asking because I would also like to work with SmartArt objects, retrieve their textual fields, etc.

@tamas.boldizsar Unfortunately, there are still no public API available in Aspose.Words to create or work with SmartArt programmatically. This feature implementation has been postponed and is not yet scheduled for development.