Smudge appears on RTF to PDF conversion using Aspose.Words library

Hi,

I am evaluating Aspose.Word for integration with our product. The requirement we have is to be able to convert from RTF to PDF. So far, the results against a set of RTF files have been very good, except for one. While presenting the results of the conversions my boss spotted a smudge in on of the PDF files. At first I thought it was a problem with the printer but then I noticed I could see the smudge with a PDF viewer. When I look at the RTF file I see the root cause of the problem. The text is too wide for the cell so it is trying to wrap it to the next line. If you open the RTF file, Word hides the overflow characters. Your conversion preserves it and the PDF viewer doesn't know any better and shows the top of the overflow characters as a smudge.

So far, I think your product is excellent. However, if you had a switch that would discard these overflow characters, I would report that your stuff walks on water.

I will attach the sample RTF. You will see that it displays TOYOTA CAMRY. The overflow is caused by the word HYBRID that is not displayed by the RTF file opened in Word.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

@mario.montes,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4006) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.9 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.9 update.