[SOLVED] Header/Footer are changed after calling updateFields

Hi,

I am using the 13.5.0 version of Aspose Words, there is a strange behavior when I update the fields in the document, the header/footer of a section is changed and linked with the previous.

I have attached the input document.
Here is the code I execute.

Document doc = new Document(“D:\input.doc”);
doc.updateFields();
doc.updateFields();
doc.save(“D:\output.doc”);

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.

Hi Edith,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8355. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

I found that the problem is linked with the Field {INDEX}.
Did you make any progress on this problem ?

Regards.

Hi Edith,

Thanks for your inquiry. Good news for you is that the fix to WORDSNET-8355 is currently being reviewed by a responsible developer and he planned to include this fix in the next version of Aspose.Words (13.7.0). If everything goes by plan, we are very hopeful to include the fix to your issue in Aspose.Words’ July 2013 release. The next version of Aspose.Words is planned to be released by the end of this month (July’ 31, 2013). We will inform you via this thread as soon as your issue is resolved.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8355) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I tried it, it works fine.
Thanks.