Some fields missed when flattening fields

We’re attempting to flatten some fields in an existing PDF document, and a couple of the fields end up getting missed in the process.

To repro, start with the attached “original.pdf”. Run it through the following:

Dim Document As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(SourceFile)

Dim Form As New Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form(Document)

Form.FlattenAllFields()

Document.Save(DestFile)

The result will look like the attached “flattened.pdf”. It is very close to what we wanted, but the following problems are there:

1. Near the top of page 1, the field for the Case Name is empty after flattening. The value in that field should also be repeated at the top of both pages 2 and 3 after the “Case Name” label.

2. Right below that, the field for the Case Number is also empty after flattening. Like the Case Name, it should also be repeated on the top of both pages 2 and 3 after the “Case Number” label.

3. The formatting of the phone numbers has changed - in the original, the area code is in parentheses and is not separated from the rest of the number by a dash (like “(914) 422-4422”). In the flattened file, the area code in not in parentheses and is separated by a dash (like “914-422-4422”).

Can these differences be investigated and hopefully fixed?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hello Michael,

Thanks for using our API’s.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the problem that some fields value disappear after flattening fields and formatting of the phone numbers has changed. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-42207 and PDFNET-42208 in our issue tracking system.

We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Regards,

I’m checking in for a client as to the status on these issues, as well as any other pending field flattening issues that we’ve reported that haven’t been resolved yet (there’s a new one today, but I don’t need status on that one :slight_smile: ). We have quite a few issues that have come up with field flattening that are affecting our clients, and any information on when they might be fixed would help us a lot.

I accidentally marked this post as private, but I did not intend that and now it won’t let me remove that check mark. Sorry.

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for writing back.

mwhalen:
I’m checking in for a client as to the status on these issues, as well as any other pending field flattening issues that we’ve reported that haven’t been resolved yet (there’s a new one today, but I don’t need status on that one :slight_smile: ). We have quite a few issues that have come up with field flattening that are affecting our clients, and any information on when they might be fixed would help us a lot.

I would like to share with you that sometimes issue(s) may be related with specific input document(s) and for that, we do attach sample input file(s) with the logged issue. Furthermore, please note that there are other issues in the queue as well, logged prior to yours and development team has been busy in resolving them. I am sure they will soon plan a fix against your issue as per their schedule.

We really appreciate your cooperation and patience in this process. We will keep you posted with the updates regarding resolution process as soon as we have some.

mwhalen:
I accidentally marked this post as private, but I did not intend that and now it won’t let me remove that check mark. Sorry.

For your convenience, I have marked this thread as public. As far as above mentioned issues are concerned, please be patient and give us a little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-42207) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.8.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-42208) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 24.4.