Some fonts are badly transcribed when converting from PDF to docx

Hello Aspose team,

I have done some testing with the trial solution. My use case is converting a PDF into a DOCX. With the test PDFs that we use, we noticed several issues with fonts.

Even though ttf-mscorefonts was installed as indicated, we noticed some fonts are badly transcribed: Negative spacing between characters, different shape etc.

Such examples include this PDF file, for instance:
state of the phish.pdf (3.1 MB)

The result is this, which gives out badly formatted results on several word processing softwares, namely MS Word:
state_of_the_phish.docx (148.5 KB)

Could you let us know if there is a workaround? Thanks in advance
Alexis

@alexisJacob

Please get 30 days temporary license and apply it before PDF to DOCX conversion.

In case you are using old version of Aspose.PDF, we suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.10.

Thank you for your answer.
The result still has badly transcribed fonts after update and temporary license:
state_of_the_phish_license.docx (569.9 KB)
Let me know if you need additional details.

Thanks in advance for your reply

@alexisJacob

Please make sure that the fonts used in your input PDF are installed on the system where you are converting the PDF to DOCX.

In case you are using old version of Aspose.PDF for .NET, we suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.PDF for .NET 22.11.

If you still face problem, please share the code example that you are using. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.