Some issues with SaveToPdf()

Hi guys,
I’m using Aspose.Words.Dll 6.2.0.0 to create a Word document (by merging several documents) and then convert the result to PDF (using the new SaveToPdf() method).
I have attached two files: The Word document looks great, so the merging part worked super.
The second file is the generated PDF. It looks good too, except there a three issues which I can’t solve:

1. Page 4: The “?”-bitmap on the right hand side spreads out the the first row. If you compare this to the Word document you will see the difference.
  2. Page 6: Section “Qualifikation” sticks out a little bit to the right. Should be in line with the above and below block.
  3. Page 6: Section “Qualifikation” again. There is no space to the prior section any more.

Do you have any idea how I could fix that? Or is this a problem of your rendering algorithm whic maybe could be fixed?
Thank you for your help!
Ingmar

Hi

Thanks for your request.

1. The problem occurs because Aspose.Words does not support vertically merged cells upon rendering and converting to PDF. This is the issue #6836 in our defect database.
  2. I managed to reproduce the problem. It seems this is the issue #7570 in our defect database.
  3. I managed to reproduce this problem and created new issue #8022 in our defect database. It seems the problem occurs because there is an empty paragraph with bookmark. As a workaround, you can just remove bookmarks from the document before converting it to PDF.
Document doc = new Document(@"Test005\in.doc");
doc.Range.Bookmarks.Clear();
doc.SaveToPdf(@"Test005\out.pdf");

I will notify you as soon as these issues are fixed.
Best regards

Thank you very much! And yes, I would be happy if you could inform me.

We are happy to tell you that vertically merged table cells are supported when converting to PDF, rendering and printing… You can download the latest version of Aspose.Words from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(21)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7570) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(6)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8022) have been fixed in this update.

(12)