Spark lines in Excel

Hi,

Does Aspose.Cells v8.5 support sparklines in Excel?

Thanks,
Behzad Samadianpour

Hi Behzad,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Yes, the recent releases of Aspose.Cells for .NET supports the Sparklines feature of Excel. Please check this article for your reference.

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your support response.

Our problem is that our reports which process Excel templates and save them as HTML don’t seem to preserve the Spark lines. We are not creating the Spark lines through Aspose, we are just saving them as HTML.

Attached is a zip file containing the relevant parts of the code and the Excel template.

Regards,

Behzad Samadianpour

Hi,

Thanks for the template Excel file file and sample code segment.

I have evaluated your scenario/ case using your sample code segment a bit but I could not make it work, there are certain variables/ objects in your code segment (for the function) for which I am not sure about their values/ data, so I cannot run it. I think you are updating certain data ranges of charts and formulas in your template file accordingly. It would be of great help if you could either provide us s ample standalone console application (runnable) or provide the final Excel file (you may save to an Excel file format in your code etc.) so we could convert it to HTML file format to evaluate your issue properly. Also, provide your output HTML file by Aspose.Cells APIs.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks again for checking my problem.

I am attaching the processed template with an xlsx and an HTML output for your information. The Xlsx should show the spark line although the data is zero but the HTML is not.

Regards,

Behzad Samadianpour

Hi,

Thanks for your sample excel file and using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this issue and found that when you convert your excel file into html using Microsoft Excel, then sparklines are also not saved. So this feature is neither supported by Microsoft Excel nor by Aspose.Cells.

I have attached the html generated by Microsoft Excel 2013 and screenshot illustrating this issue for your reference.

Please note, Aspose.Cells provides subset of features supported by Microsoft so if some feature is not supported by Microsoft Excel, then that feature is also not supported by Aspose.Cells.