Specifying on the server what template to use on the client. AttachTemplate? Other?

I need to take a Word document on the server that doesn’t have a toolbar or macro code, and put a toolbar and macro code into it for use on the client in MS Word.
The toolbar and code could either be inserted directly into the document, or the toolbar and code could exist in a template that could be attached to the document. The template CAN exist on the client AND the server, although it would be preferable to NOT require the template on the client if it is possible.
Do you have any suggestions on how to do this? Can AttachTemplate be used for this? Or would I have to copy the contents of the Word document into another document or template that has the toolbar and code in it?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words does not have ability to insert macros into the document. You can use Word document that already contains macros as the template for creating document. You can also copy content from document without macros to document that has macros.
Also you can attach template to the document
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/document/attachedtemplate/
Best regards.

I read through that documentation on AttachedTemplate before my original posting. I couldn’t tell if this would meet my needs.
So, from what I understand, “AttachedTemplate” can either be a path, or an empty string (which would indicate to use the Normal template).
When setting this value on the server, does this path need to be a server side file path, or can it be a client side file path?

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. The template should exist on both on the server and client side. Store template in the default folder
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
And this should work.
Best regards.