Spellcheck not working on mail merge document

When we mail merge a document, the resulting document will not spellcheck all of the time (using Aspose latest version 19.10). Here are two examples:

1. Here is the simple code I’ve tried:

Dim q As Aspose.Words.Run
                 For Each q In doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Run, True)
                     q.Font.NoProofing = False
                 Next
                 doc.Save(lvNewFileWord, SaveFormat.Docx)

2. When I open the document, nothing will spellcheck… except one of the mail merge fields. All others will not. Attached document is called BadDoc.docx. The field that will spell check is the Suspect Name, but only if you hit space after what’s there and type something bad. Not sure but this field was made up of two separate merge fields… one for FirstName and the other for LastName. Seems like LastName will spell check but maybe because it was blank to begin with. Just guessing.

3. I tried using a second word document and everything will spell check correctly. This one attached is call GoodDoc.docx.

I cannot figure out why my first document will not work, but the other document appears to work correctly. The only difference between the two, is the one that doesn’t work has a few images (links to images) in it… which may be treated as shapes.

Please let me know if there is a better way to set the NoProofing setting. We use VB.NET.

PS: I attached two zip files here. One is the completed document with the mail merge data. The other zip is the original file we used for mail merging.

Original docs used for mail merge --> DocMailMergeReady.zip (24.7 KB)
Merged documents --> DocSamples.zip (22.3 KB)

Thanks,
Brian!

@brianeskra

It seems that this is not an issue in Aspose.Words’ API rather it is proofing setting of MS Word. If you unzip the output document and check the desired text in document.xml, you will notice that noProof is set. Please check the proofing setting of MS Word.