Spring Boot Application throws Warnings when Aspose.Words is used with Java 11

When I generate a Word document in my Spring Boot application, then the following warning is shown on the console. I use java 11 (GraalVM 20.3.2)

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.aspose.words.internal.zzTV (file:/C:/Users/{myAccount}/.m2/repository/com/aspose/aspose-words/21.5/aspose-words-21.5-jdk17.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.aspose.words.internal.zzTV
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Seems like Aspose Word is calling a method that is deprecated since Java 1.1 (1.1 not 11).

@bottemav

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document if you are using any.
  • Please create a simple Java application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem.
  • Please share the complete steps that you are using to reproduce the same issue at our end.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

@tahir.manzoor In attachment the testcase. I use GraalVM 20.3.2 java 11 as SDK.

aspose-testcase-illegalaccess.zip (20.9 KB)

@bottemav

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-2597. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@bottemav

It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSJAVA-2597) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Your issue is related to CustomTypeMemberBinderBuilderImpl class from Reporting module. This class uses reflection for runtime generation of classes and members depending on the user’s Reporting Data Templates. So, please add the warnings to the ignore list.

@tahir.manzoor It’s indeed not a bug yet. But once the method is removed in a future release, Aspose will break and then it’s definitely a bug. Solving this issue upfront can avoid it.

@bottemav

Thanks for your feedback. We will fix the issue once it is appeared in Aspose.Words’ API. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.