SSIS: Getting data from Excel files using Aspose.Cells

Hi there,

I am looking for a SSIS example on how to extract data from an Excel file using Aspose.Cells and insert the output directly into a SQL Database.

Has someone done something similar before?

Thank you in advance.

Alex Gonzalez

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Well, you can extract data from worksheet into datatables and then write some methods yourself to insert data into SQL database from datatables.

Please see the following documentation article how to export data from worksheets into datatables.

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Exporting+Data+from+Worksheets

Hi mshakeel.faiz,

Thank you for your quick respose.

So far we have been successful implementing Aspose.Cells with SSIS, but we are running into an issue.

It seems like the tools read the value displayed in the cell (1.04), not the actual value displayed on the formula bar (1.04000003)… is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Alex G

Hi there,

We were able to figure it out… it was a format issue, so we used the ClearFormats function and it worked like charm.

Thanks!

We’ll keep testing, but so far, great tool!

:algour

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that you were able to sort out this issue. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums, we will be glad to help you further.

Hi there,

I think we are running into an issue.

We are trying to load a very big Excel File (300Mb) and it seems like is taking way too long for it to complete.

Is there any size limitation with Aspose? If not, how much memory does aspose need to process files that size?

Thank you in advance!

AG

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

There is no size limitation. The larger the Excel file, larger the resources it will take during processing. Since, your file is large, it will take more memory and time. You should have sufficient memory to process the large file.

Hi There,

We are now running our tests and we are getting a weird one and I do not understand why.

My solution processes around 200 Excel files in one run… around the file number 100, the solution throws an exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

The code runs just fine and we have tested different Excel files and they seem to be processed correctly.

Which leaves me with the only logical option: do you think this might be related to LICENSING?

Thank you in advance.

Alex Gonzalez

Hi,

Please see the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsnet/Licensing

When you use the product in evaluation mode (without using/setting valid license in your codes), you can only open/process 100 files at one time. When you exceed this limitation, an exception would be thrown.

I think you may ask for 30 days temporary license, please follow the directions provided here.

Thank you.