SSRS 2008 R2 - Throwing rendering errors with external images not found

Hi there,

I am evaluating the Aspose.Slides for SSRS and I experience exception errors (yellow .net screen of death) when trying to export a report to .pptx 2007.

My report uses external images with dynamic links (the url path comes from database fields) and sometimes the url is invalid or empty so the browser places the not-found-image (x) by default which is expected. However, when I try to export that to pptx, the exception error happens.

As a workaround, I have now placed a formula to hide the images when the path is empty but I have no ways to know if the image is available or not (it depends on the external site)

Is this a common issue with the Aspose.slides for SSRS 2008 R2 ? I tested in a SSRS 2008 server and it works fine.

This is a portion of the log, hope it helps,
Thanks
L

reportrendering!ReportServer_0-28!d88!12/15/2011-09:31:54:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.UnhandledReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportRenderingException: An error occurred during rendering of the report. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.
at System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)
at ezw.a(Byte[] a, Image a, gm a)
at cj.a(Image a, Int32 a, Int32 a, Int32 a, Int32 a, RectangleF a, String a)
at cj.ExportFit(Image image, RectangleF inRectangle, RectangleF imageRectangle, RectangleF pageBounds, String hyperLinkURL)
at ca.a(Image a, RectangleF a, RectangleF a, RectangleF a, String a)
at ca.a(Image a, RectangleF a, RectangleF a, RectangleF a, String a, s a)
at eq.a(RectangleF a, fk a, ax a, ce a)
at fn.b(et a, RectangleF a)
at fn.a(et a, RectangleF a, Boolean a, RectangleF a, Boolean a, Boolean a)
at fn.a(u a, RectangleF a)
at fn.a(dh a, RectangleF a, Single[] a, Single[] a)
at fn.a(u a, RectangleF a)
at fn.a(dk a, Int32 a, l a, br a)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.RendererBase.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, Hashtable renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
at Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.RendererBase.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
— End of inner exception stack trace -–

Hi Luciano,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to understand the issue shared by you and also the stack trace. It may be a known issue that owing to invalid URLs but I need to reproduce this on my end and after consultation with our development team. I request you kindly share the RDL file using Adventure Works as data source for further investigation. Please also share that whether you are able to generated PDF and Tiff image of report with invalid URLs successfully or getting the same error for them.

Many Thanks,