SSRS 2012 & Visual Studio 2012

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

our Company is interested in your product aspose pdf for reporting services. We use SSRS 2012 and Visual Studio 2012 ultimate with Windows 7.

Is the pdf conversion faster than the standard converter used by reporting services? We want to convert pdf reports with over 20000 pages.

Does aspose pdf for reporting services support links from one page in the report to another page in the reports?

Does aspose offer the oppurtunity to underline a row in a table like a mouse over effect?

Is pdf compression supported?

I downloaded the Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices (version 2.5.1.0) from your website. The zip file only contains the dll from report viewer 2000 to 2010. Is a dll for report viewer 2012 available? The dll report viewer 2010 does not work with Visual Studio 2012 or does it? If I use it I get the following error when I want to use the preview in Visual Studio. I translated it from the german error message:

Error report execution. The type "Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer" in the assembly "Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices, Versions=2.5.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1491631ed03a4feb" could not be loaded.

Thanks,

Michael

Yours sincerelyv

heidenreich:
Is the pdf conversion faster than the standard converter

used by reporting services? We want to convert pdf reports with over 20000
pages. <o:p></o:p>

Does aspose pdf for reporting services support links from
one page in the report to another page in the reports?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting support.

The performance during conversion of .RDL file to PDF format depends upon the source report being used. I would suggest you to please try using our component and in case you encounter any performance related issue, please share the resource file so that we can test the scenario at our end.
<o:p></o:p>

heidenreich:
Does aspose offer the opportunity to underline a row in a
table like a mouse over effect?
If the line is present in source RDL, it will be displayed in resultant PDF document.<o:p></o:p>

heidenreich:
Is pdf compression supported?
I am afraid this feature is currently not support. However for the sake of implementation, its been logged in our issue tracking system as PDFREP-33287. The development team will further look into the details of this requirement and we will keep you posted on the status of correction.<o:p></o:p>

heidenreich:
I downloaded the Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices (version
2.5.1.0) from your website. The zip file only contains the dll from report
viewer 2000 to 2010. Is a dll for report viewer 2012 available? The dll report
viewer 2010 does not work with Visual Studio 2012 or does it? If I use it I get the following error when I want to use the preview in Visual Studio. I translated it from the german error message:

Currently we are busy testing the new release of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services which provides the compatibility with SQL 2012 and VisualStudio 2012. As soon as the new version becomes available, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

thanx for your reply. Can you please tell me how long it will take approximately to finish testing and a stable version is available? Will it take weeks or months?

Please check your example ssrs aspose pdf exports which I tested at this site:

http://apps.aspose.com/ssrs-rendering-extensions/pages/folder.aspx

They don’t loke very nice.:wink:

greetings from cologne

Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late response.

I have further discussed with development team and as per our current estimates, we hope to implement this support by the mid of July-2013. Please note that its not a promise but we will try our level best to support the functionality by the said time. As soon as I have some further updates, I would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

heidenreich:
Please check your example ssrs aspose pdf exports which I tested at this site:
http://apps.aspose.com/ssrs-rendering-extensions/pages/folder.aspx
They don’t loke very nice.:wink:

I have observed some formatting issues (text overlapping) in reports being generated from online examples. For the sake of correction, I have logged this
issue as PDFREP-33290 in our issue tracking system. We will
further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the
status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Besides this, we would be glad to hear any improvement suggestions from your side. Please share the information/details so that we can proceed further with the improvement of our demos. We are sorry for this inconvenience.