SSRS Extensions - Date Format in MS Excel

Hello,

I have encountered an issue about date formatting in Excel after an xlsx export.

The dates are formatted using the US formatting (ex : 3/17/2013 11:03:07 AM) even though I use a french version of Excel. In that case, the output should be the following : 17/03/2013 11:03:01.

The display format in Excel is set to custom and follows this pattern : m/d/yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM. I would like Excel to interpret dates as a Date type, so it can be displayed with the French formatting.

I found a workaround in my report expression, which is to surround the expression by a FormatDateTime function, with the GeneralDate option for the DateFormat. With this trick, the output is conform to the one expected, but the date is interpreted as a string. (=FormatDateTime(mydatetimehere, DateFormat.GeneralDate)).

So I'd like to know if it is possible to prevent Excel to interpret dates with a custom formatting or is the custom formatting inherent to the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices component ?

Thanks

Hi,

Well, generally, MS Excel will display data / contents, Date/Time values in the file according to the locale/regional settings for your machine where you are opening the file. Please make sure that the language and regional setting for the OS is your desired European settings (e.g. France). If you still could not evaluate, kindly give us two files: an excel file (output file) generated by Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services, your desired file with your desired formatting set for the data and DateTime Values. We will check it soon.

Also, give us details which locale and regional settings you are using for Dates formatting

Thank you.