SSRS Preview

Hello

after installing Aspose.PDF on a SQL Server 2012 VM everything seemed to be alright at first.

Before referencing the Aspose.dll it is no longer possible to preview a report:
microsoft.reportingservices.processingcore could not be loaded … the located assembly’s manifest file does not match the assembly reference

If we check the manually install explanation everything is fine except the last step, nr 5, where you can find the different rendering modes, Aspose is not listed.

After uninstalling Aspose the preview modus in Visual Studio works fine again.
Can you no longer preview reports or could there be a version conflict?

It was still possible to deploy the report and it could be viewed via the browser.
The reason for using Aspose.pdf is the solution you have for justifying text.

thanks.

Hi Nele,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are looking into it and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

Hi Nele,

Thanks for contacting support.

Recently we also have been able to notice the issue which you have shared in your above post. However we have been able to fix this problem and its fix will be included in upcoming release of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services which will be published in next few days (early next week). As soon the new version becomes available, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for the valued information.
We are looking forward to the next release.

Hi Nele,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.6.0 is released. Please try using the latest version and in case you still face the same issue, please share the resource .RDL so that we can test the scenario at our end.

When sharing the resource file, please include the datasource referenced inside it or prepare the report based on AdventureWorks database.

Hello Nayyer Shahbaz

thanks for the update.
We installed version 2.6 after removing the previous version.
The problem with the preview is showing up again after the installation.
It is not an extreme issue if the PDF in the browser would give the desired result.

Our purpose is justifying text.
Please find the report in attachment with a simple text and coded as aligned justify:
Aspose.TextAlignment
Justify

If it is not in the right place, please let us know.
It doesn’t really matter to us which data connection is used.

Thank you for your efforts.
Nele Eeckhout

Hi Nele,

Thanks for contacting support.

I have tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.6.0 using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008 and when exporting the file to PDF format, the text is properly aligned in Justify. Please note that for testing purposes, I removed the information because the shared data named MAIN was not shared. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

I have also attached the screen capture of report preview inside Business Intelligence studio application.

Hello Nayyer Shahbaz,

Thank you for your feedback. Good to see the report works. The export option
"APPDF" still isn’t showing up in the browser.

On this SQL Server 2012 Azure Virtual machine we get an error in the log files
after restarting the reporting services manager.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

configmanager!DefaultDomain!ff4!05/12/2014-13:29:48:: i INFO: Extension APPDF is not supported on this edition of Reporting Services and has been removed

Does this message show up in your log files too?
Is the setup with Aspose.PDF being used on another sql server 2012 virtual machine?

Kind regards,
Nele Eeckhout

Hi Nele,

Thanks for sharing the feedback. Can you please share the log file so that we can further look into this matter. Please note that during our testing with SQL 2012, we did not notice any problem.

Please find the log file in attachment.

If it is possible to have a look at the server we can send you the access configuration via a private post?

nele:
Please find the log file in attachment.
Hi Nele,

Thanks for sharing the log file. For the sake of investigation, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking
system as PDFREP33439.
We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the
status of a correction.

nele:
If it is possible to have a look at the server we can send you the access configuration via a private post?

We will try to figure out the issue by looking into shared log file and in case we need to have a look into your system/environment, we will let you know. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nayyer Shahbaz

do you have any idea of how long this will take?
The deadline for the client to decide whether or not to use the implementation is this week.
So this is getting more and more urgent.

Kind regards
Nele Eeckhout

Hi Nele,

As we just have logged an investigation ticket, soon the development team will be looking in to this matter and as soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know. Until or unless the problem has been investigated, I am afraid its quite difficult to share the possible ETA.
Hello

is it possible to get an update on the status of this issue?

Thank you,
Nele

Hi Nele,

The development team has been busy resolving
other priority issues and I am afraid the issue reported earlier is not yet
resolved. Nevertheless, I have requested the team to share the ETA regarding
its resolution. As soon as we have some definite updates regarding its
resolution, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.
Please be patient and spare us little more time.<o:p></o:p>

We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Nele,

The development team has further investigated the issue reported earlier and I am afraid we cannot support Azure Reporting Services due limitations specified over [Guidelines and Limitations of Azure SQL Reporting].

Thank you for the info Nayyer Shahbaz.

We now installed Aspose.pdf for reporting services on a sql server 2008 machine (see attachment).

The configuration files look fine. There is no error in the log file this time. However there is also no extra export option in the browser when viewing a report.
Are there extra requirements for this to work?

Kind regards,
Nele Eeckhout

Hi Nele,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I have observed that you are using an older release of component, as the latest release is Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.7.0. Please try using this new release as during my testing with SQL Server 2008 running over Windows 7(64), I did not notice any issue and export option is properly appearing. In case the problem still persists, please share the configurations files so that we can further investigate this problem.

Hello

please note that the operating system we are testing with is not windows 7 but Windows Server Standard (as shown in the previous picture windowsEdition.png).

Please find in attachment the config files with a changed extension to .txt and a screenshot of the bin directory with Aspose.dll in it.

Hi Nele,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We are working on replicating this issue over Windows Server 2008 and will keep you posted with our findings.