Stackoverflow Exception on calculation

Hello,
I have encountered a curious case. I have an Excel file which throws Stackoverflow Exception when calculate function is called! When I open the file and save it, the exception goes away. I suspect the globalization related issues due to Exception Stack trace, but I don’t have more details info!
Could you please check this issue?

testProblem.zip (165.0 KB)

Above is the Excel workbook that throws error with following code : 

var workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(path);
try
{
CalculationOptions calculationOptions = new CalculationOptions { IgnoreError = true };
wb.CalculateFormula(calculationOptions);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);

}

Here are My Execution Logs for Workbook and Worksheet Calculation calls:
CalcProblem2.zip (4.4 KB)

Thank you

@yashar.heydari,

Thanks for the template file.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.8 (Download | NuGet) . I have tested your scenario/case with latest version using the following sample code with your template file and it works fine:
e.g.
Sample code:

var workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook("e:\\test2\\testProblem.xlsx");
try
{
   CalculationOptions calculationOptions = new CalculationOptions { IgnoreError = true };
   workbook.CalculateFormula(calculationOptions);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
   Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);

}

Let us know if you still find the issue with latest version.

Hi Amjad,
I was using Aspose 22.6.1 and after upgrade to 22.8.0 the problem still exists. As I mentioned before please use the exact file without opening or saving it. Please let me know if you need more information regarding the Exception Stack Trace.

Thank you

@yashar.heydari,

I still could not reproduce the issue on my end. And, yes, I did not open or re-save the file and use my pasted sample code. By the way, could you try the solution and follow the instruction on the page to fix your issue.

@yashar.heydari,
We reproduced the exception now. We have created one ticket for this issue(CELLSNET-51848) and will look into it soon.

1 Like

@yashar.heydari,

This is to inform you that your issue (logged earlier as"CELLSNET-51848") has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v22.9) scheduled in the second week of September 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51848) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi