Stamping image to PDF document at certain position

Hi,

I have a requirement to stamp an image to pdf document. I would like to place the stamp on a certain position in the pdf. The position of the stamp is captured from an image generated from the pdf and stored in our backend. How do I use that information in your Java APIs to exactly stamp at that position?

- Arul

Ok, I figured out the mapping between two document types. For some reason image stamping does not work on this particular attached pdf document. Can some one explain this? It seems to work on other documents that I have tested.

Hi Arul,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you have managed to add image stamp to PDF document.

Moreover in reference to attached PDF document, please note it has not transparent background so image stamp with setBackground property set to true does not appears. You need to set background property false in this case. It will resolve the issue.

imageStamp.setBackground(false);

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thank you for clarifying this. How do I determine if the pdf has transparent background or not?

Hi Arul,

We are working over this query and will share the required information, shortly.

Hi Arul,

Thanks for your feedback. I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support to determine PDF document background, whether it is opaque or transparent. We have logged an enhancement ticket PDFNEWJAVA-34388 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress via this forum thread.

However please share some details. How you will use it ,want only to set background property of stamp on the basis of this information or change page contents?

Best Regards,

Thanks. At the moment, we only need this information to set the background property of stamp.

Hi Arul,

Thanks for your feedback. We have recorded you requirement and will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,