StarOffice & Aspose.Cells

After saving the Excel file in Excel 97/2000/XP format in StarOffice, when read the xls file by Aspose.Cells, I get error as This Excel files contains BIFF7(Excel95 or earlier file format) records. Are there any way to solve this problem?

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please share you template file(Excel File & Generated StarOffice file). We will check it soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Well, we implemented your scenario and we did not find this issue about reading the xls file (which is saved as Excel 97/2000/XP format in StarOffice) by Aspose.Cells.

Please save the file as the following steps:

1. Select “Save As”
  2. Select “Excel 97/2000/XP format” in the “Save As Type” list.

We would appreciate if you can share your template file with which you are getting this problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have no licence for staroffice, so cannot recreate the issue. I’m asking our client to provide the xls file updated by staroffice, if I get it, I will post here ASAP.

By the way, I have installed openoffice 3, when I open .xls file by Calc, I got the an alert, please refer to the attachment.

Hi,

Please share the xls file you are trying to open. We think your template xls file is not a correct Excel 97/2000/XP format file.