Status on 13292 fix for Slides for java

Hi,

I have tested the scenario shared by you by creating chart in Excel and copy/paste that in source presentation. Then I used the following code snippet with Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.3 and generated the PDF. The PDF generated has chart inside it and has been shared for your kind reference. Please share your feedback with us if you find issue resolved. If there is still an issue then please share your source presentation with us.

FileInputStream in = null;
FileOutputStream out = null;
// get aspose license initialized
in = new FileInputStream(“C:\Users\Mudassir\Downloads\TestPres.pptx”);
out = new FileOutputStream(“C:\Users\Mudassir\Downloads\TestPres.pdf”);
// Saving the presentation to PDF document
// Instantiate the PdfOptions class
com.aspose.slides.export.PdfOptions pdfOptions = new com.aspose.slides.export.PdfOptions();
// Set Jpeg Quality
pdfOptions.setJpegQuality(60);
// Define behavior for metafiles
pdfOptions.setSaveMetafilesAsPng(true);
// Set Text Compression level
pdfOptions.setTextCompression(com.aspose.slides.export.PdfTextCompression.FLATE);
// Define the PDF standard
pdfOptions.setCompliance(com.aspose.slides.export.PdfCompliance.PDF_15);
// Instantiate a Presentation object that represents a PPT file

PresentationEx pptxPresentation = new PresentationEx(in);
SlidesEx slides = pptxPresentation.getSlides();
pptxPresentation.save(out, com.aspose.slides.export.SaveFormat.PDF, pdfOptions);

Many Thanks,

I’ve used your code snippet on my sample pptx file. It still does not render the graph. I get the following exception posted:

com.aspose.cellsinternal.CellsException: If there is only a series on the primary axis, you could not plot the series to the second axis
at com.aspose.cellsinternal.Series.setPlotOnSecondAxis(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.ChartEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.ChartEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GroupShapeEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.saveToAps(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.csw.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.PresentationEx.save(Unknown Source)
at com.lyzasoft.datastore.util.Transformer.main(Transformer.java:58)

Line 58 of Transformer is the call to pptxPresentation.save.

I’ve attached the pttx file for you review.

Hi,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the exception. This exception does not effect the generated PDF in fact as it is some internal exception. However, an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33363 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

I disagree with your evaluation. The resultant PDF does not contain the graph for me. Does it really contain it for you?

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. I have been able to observe the missing chart in PDF as well. I have updated the issue status as well and will share the information with you as soon as issue will be resolved.

Is the resolution for this scheduled? do I have any hope at getting this fixed?

Hi,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue of CellsException (SLIDESJAVA-33363) on accessing the presentation has just recently been added in our issue tracking system and has not yet been scheduled for investigation. However, I have requested our development team to schedule the issue for investigation and share the updated status. I will share the further information with you as soon information will be shared by our development team.

Any scheduling information from development yet? This issue has been attempted to be fixed twice and has been open for quite some time. It should get a little more priority than it seems to be getting after two failed attempts.

Hi,

I like to share that I have verified from our issue tracking system and issue SLIDESJAVA-33363 has been scheduled for investigation and estimations during week 28 of 2012. However, the other pending issue SLIDESJAVA-33307 is likely to be resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java September 2012 product release.

We will update you further once any updates will be available.

Many Thanks,

So the issue, that by your own statement, doesn’t effect the resultant pdf will be looked at this week, but the other issue that has been around for 9 months, and attempted to be fixed twice will not be fixed until MAYBE September. This seems very wrong to me.

Hi Steve,

We are sorry for your inconvenience but I assure you that we are striving hard to accommodate all the issues in time.

Actually, we have planed activity of releasing first auto ported version of Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0 by end of August. This would be the first product version that will be implemented by porting all features from present version of Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.4.0. This activity has involved major re-writing in Aspose.Slides for Java library and is ongoing since last 6 months. The issue SLIDESJAVA-33307 has been scheduled for delivery in September release just because of the fact that presently the support for chart rendering is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java for PPTX. But once auto ported version will be released it will be resolved in next subsequent version of September release of Aspose.Slides for Java as Aspose.Slides for .NET include chart rendering support.

I hope with this clarification, you will understand the situation on our end. I also like to share that other issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33363 is in progress and we are working over that. One last issue associated with this thread with ID SLIDESJAVA-33259 has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.9.5 and it will be released by end of next week.

We will really appreciate your patience for waiting and understanding the issue on our end.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33307) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.