Step File Implementation

i’m loading step files using Image.Load. the image loaded all the faces within the file. however, some of the faces have null surfaces, appears that any surface that is not a plane. my example in particular is a mixture of plane and cylindrical surfaces. i was hoping i could work around the problem and view the raw node from the file. however, the CYLINDRICAL_SURFACE lines weren’t loaded at all.

is this a known issue? is there a hook, either pre or post processing, where i may have access to the raw file import? could i implement/extend a custom loader?

1 Like

@secturasoft,
Hi.
Please, attach the initial STP file so we can investigate it.

SheetMetal1.zip (11.5 KB)

this is my personal (subaccount) account. i thought i was on this account when i opened the ticket.

@kevin.kilburn,
please give us some time to investigate, I will come back with more information.

@kevin.kilburn,
Hello.
The information about the cylindrical surfaces will be available for the STEP format from the next 24.7 release.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CADNET-9834) have been fixed in this Aspose.CAD for .NET 24.7 update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by oleksii.gorokhovatskyi