Sticky notes

Hi,

Can you please provide working sample that create new sticky note (I found one in your documentation, but it’s converted from .msg file).
I’m afraid that notes created by my software, using your library can’t be opened in Outlook 2016.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Aspose Support team.

We have used the sample code from our online documentation and it is working fine at our end. The sticky note opens in MS Outlook 2016 without any issue. Please try the following code sample with the latest version of the API and let us know your feedback.

Sample Code

MapiNote note3 = new MapiNote();
note3.setSubject(“Blue color note”);
note3.setBody(“This is a blue color note”);
note3.setColor(NoteColor.Blue);
note3.setHeight(500);
note3.setWidth(500);
note3.save(dataDir + “MapiNote_out.msg”, NoteSaveFormat.Msg);

Sorry, I wasn’t clear.

Can you please provide a sample for creating a new note in the PST, without using .msg file.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

I have created a sticky note using following code with latest library Aspose.Email for Java and opened it in Outlook 2013, but could not observe issue. Could you please try following sample code, create sticky note, open it in Outlook 2016 and share the snapshot showing the error? Also try opening the attached sticky note as well. It will help us to observe the problem and provide assistance accordingly.

<pre style=“background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: “Courier New”; font-size: 9pt;”>// Create MapiNote and set Properties
MapiNote note3 = new MapiNote();
note3.setSubject(“Blue color note”);
note3.setBody(“This is a blue color note”);
note3.setColor(NoteColor.Blue);
note3.setHeight(500);
note3.setWidth(500);
note3.save(“MapiNote_Java.msg”, NoteSaveFormat.Msg);

Hi,

Sorry, but your sample don’t create a PST file with note. This is the use case I want to check.

Thanks

Hi,

You may please use following sample code, try opening output PST file using latest library Aspose.Email for Java 17.5.0 and share the feedback.

// Create MapiNote and set Properties

MapiNote note3 = **new** MapiNote();

note3.setSubject(**“Blue color note”** );

note3.setBody(**“This is a blue color note”** );

note3.setColor(NoteColor.***Blue*** );

note3.setHeight(500);

note3.setWidth(500);

note3.save(“MapiNote_Java.msg”, NoteSaveFormat.Msg);//SAVE IT HERE AND DRAG TO PST THROUGH OUTLOOK. WORKS OK
ByteArrayOutputStream bos = **new** ByteArrayOutputStream();

note3.save(bos, NoteSaveFormat.***Msg*** );

PersonalStorage pst = PersonalStorage.*create*(**“pst.pst”** , 0);

FolderInfo notesFolder = pst.createPredefinedFolder(**“Notes”** , StandardIpmFolder.***Notes*** );

notesFolder.addMapiMessageItem(note3);

Hi,

It’s working fine on windows, but not in MAC Outlook 2016.
On mac the notes folder is empty, and not only with notes, can you please make PST on mac working fine ?

Thanks

Hi,

Could you please specify how to view Notes items in Outlook for MAC? We have created the PST but when it is opened in Outlook 2016 for Mac, the created Notes items are not visible and, hence, we can’t investigate the issue further at our end. Your assistance in this regard will be of help to us for looking into this issue further.

This is the issue that I want to be fixed :slight_smile:

Hi,

This seems to be something specific to Outlook for Mac as we have verified using following steps.

1. Generate an empty PST file.
2. Open it in Outlook for Windows.
3. Create a Notes Folder in it and add a Note to it.
4. Open the PST file in Outlook for Mac.

You will not be able to find the Note folder and, hence, the Note you created in it with Windows. Thus, it doesn’t seem that the issue arises due to Aspose.Email API. Sample empty PST file is attached here for further experimentation at your end. Please try the above steps and let us know your feedback if your findings are different than us.

Well, it seems indeed MAC Outlook issue.

Thanks

You are welcome and please feel free to write to us with respect to any further queries related to the API. We’ll be glad to assist you further.