Storage.SplitInto

Hello,

1. I’ve written Mbox.MergeWith using your provided code samples, but for Mbox.SplitInto not sure…
    Please kindly inform me if you have any samples to do so?
    If not, can you please add it to the feature request list?

2. Using:
    PersonalStorage.SplitInto(50 * 1024 * 1024, TargetFolder)
    Will throw this error for a 240MB Pst in the middle of progress:

• The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Seems a bug to me, is there anyway to work on it without sending the Pst file?

@australian.dev.nerds

Please check the code examples from following GitHub links. Hope this helps you.

Hello,
I’m not sure if you even read my post, but my 1st query was about splitting mbox and 2nd one was an issue in pst split function! Already using the provided code!

@australian.dev.nerds

Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience.

Unfortunately, your requirement is not clear. Please share some more detail about your use case along with sample input and expected output files. We will then provide you more information on it.

Could you please attach the following resources here for testing?

• Your input files.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Split Mbox storage to smaller chunk parts
Mbox.SplitInto(ChunkSize in bytes, TargetFolder as string)

2nd issue sample, to reproduce the exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
WindowsApplication4.zip (9.8 MB)

@australian.dev.nerds

It seems that it is not a bug in Aspose.Email. We are investigating this issue and will get back to you soon.

OK, so please note that the pst file is made using Aspose Email PersonalStorage.MergeWith by merging 3 storages! Just for note…

And what about Mbox.SplitInto?

@australian.dev.nerds

Unfortunately, we are still not clear about your requirement about PersonalStorage.SplitInto method. Could you please share what exact you want to achieve using this method along with sample input PST and expected output files. We really keen to help you but need some more details from your end.

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40905. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi,
Simple: Mbox.SplitInto
To be able to split Mbox storage into smaller ones!

@australian.dev.nerds

The PersonalStorage.SplitInto method already supports your requirement. You can use minimum size of PST as 265KB in this method.

Are you sure PersonalStorage can load Mbox files? I meant split Mbox files!

@australian.dev.nerds

We have logged new feature in our issue tracking system to split MBOX file into less sized parts as EMAILNET-40908. We will inform you once this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

1 Like