We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Strange behavior of AutoShowCount

Hi,

I use aspose cell component version 7.0.1.0. Could you please explain me the logic of work for property ‘AutoShowCount’?

A have two files with filter ‘Top 10…’ equal 2 by rows. In one this property has value 2, in another - 10 (default). The filter works properly in both documents.
I’ve attached documents.

Thanks for your support,
Alex Shloma

Hi,


I am afraid, we do not support reading auto-filters in Excel 2007, so you are getting this problem. We will start working on it to try to support it in the next week. Once we have any update on it, we will let you know.

A ticket for it is logged with an id: CELLSNET-40098.

Thank you.

Hi,


Please try the attached version/fix: v7.0.3.2, we have fixed the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

The previous problem was fixed, but I found the same problem with *.xls format. I convert one of the documents to *.xls and It has filter 10 instead of 2.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi,


Thanks for your feedback.

I have reopened your issue and we will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,


For the issue: Top10 filter is improved in MS Excel 2007. You can see the details in the attached template file (e.xlsx), in MS Excel 2003, there is a flag in the field setting options as you can see in the attached picture (“isautoshow.png”). Only when the isautoshow flag is true, the autoshowcount could be set. That’s why when saving xlsx to xls, it will lose the autoshow options.

Thanks for your understanding!

Hi,

In new Excel the algorithm was changed, but the option works in the same way.
In the current version, Excel automatically changes state When you applying new settings to filter. Excel has two menu items with state (on/off). You can see it at the attached image (menuItemsWithState.png). So it’s not relevant to the current issue.

I converted document from *.xlsx to *.xls format and result has the same filter, but in components it’s equal 10. You can see it at the attached image (topCountAfterConversion.png).
I attached a document with the problem too.

Thank you,
Alex Shloma

Hi,


Thanks for providing further details with sample files/images.

We have logged it and will investigate it further. We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the fixed version: v7.0.3.3. Your issue is fixed now.

Thank you.

Works fine! Thank you!



Best regards,

Alex Shloma

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40098) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.