We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Strange character substitute the _Xdddd_ pattern in string value

I have an excel model with mnemonics inside.
Some of them contains Xdddd pattern.
By example I have the code SR0317AE_X0901_DEB01CAL.
When I try to read the cell value I get SR0371AEँDEB01CAL in the Value and StringValue properties…

I’ve just tried to put X0901 and I got only the strange character.

WTF ?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Please provide us your sample Excel file containing your mentioned string. Also mention the cell names where the string is present. We will look into your issue and help you asap.

Hello,

Thanks for considering my problem.

It’s not ideal but I’ve split the mnemonics to resolve my issue…

Here is a little project wich demonstrate the problem.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after executing the following code with your provided Book1.xlsx file using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.2.2. Strange character substitutes the Xdddd pattern in string value. The code SR0317AE_X0901_DEB01CAL becomes SR0371AEँDEB01CAL in the Value and StringValue properties.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-43115 - Strange character substitutes the Xdddd pattern in string value.

I have also attached the screenshot highlighting this issue for a reference.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“Book1.xlsx”);


var x = workbook.Worksheets[0].Cells[“A1”].StringValue;


Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed
this issue now. We will provide you a fix in couple of days after
incorporating other enhancements and fixes and conducting some extensive
testing. Once, it is available for you, we will let you know asap by
posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.1 and let us know your feedback.

It’s working :slight_smile:

Many thanks for your reactivity !

Hi,


Good to know that you are up & running again. Please feel free to write back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43115) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.