Strange Conversion from .msg to .eml

Hallo,
Our Customer reported a strange conversion of a .msg-File. We convert .msgs finally to pdf with Aspose-products. The first step here is the conversion from .msg to .eml, because we analyze the .msg and transform it also in a standardized way.
Now, the first step results in a bug. Some text is left outside the visible area. I analyzed this and found, that the original format is:
p.Grundbesitz1, li.Grundbesitz1, div.Grundbesitz1 {mso-style-name:“Grundbesitz 1”; mso-style-unhide:no; margin-top:3.0pt; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:155.95pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:-127.6pt; line-height:130%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:X-NONE; font-weight:bold;}

After the conversion to .eml Aspose “forgets” the “margin-left” property but doubles the margin-bottom-property and the format is now:
p.Grundbesitz1, li.Grundbesitz1, div.Grundbesitz1 {mso-style-name:“Grundbesitz 1”; margin-top:3.0pt; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; text-align:justify; text-indent:-127.6pt; line-height:130%; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:“Arial”,sans-serif; mso-fareast-language:X-NONE; font-weight:bold;}

Please find attached: The original .msg and the converted eml. The conversion-code:

MailMessage msg = MailMessage.load(to_convert.getAbsolutePath(), new MsgLoadOptions())

msg.save(tempOutFile, SaveOptions.getDefaultEml());

test.zip (13.5 KB)

Hello, @GRein
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): EMAILNET-40956

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you! I forgot to mention, that we use the Aspose-Java-Library.
Regards, Gerd

@GRein,

I forgot to mention, that we use the Aspose-Java-Library.

Noted, thank you.

Hello,
Sorry to jump in, I’ve seen similar issues for some items when converting to mht/eml with 0 margin-left too
Does this fix apply to the .net build too?

@australian.dev.nerds,

Yes, this fix applies to .net as well. Thanks.