Strange thing with the license

We are working already a few months without trouble with Aspose.Words, creating hundreds of documents every day.
Today I wanted to find a solution for some white spaces in the docs, so I compiled the ‘Document explorer’ demo program and loaded one of the generated documents.
And than something very strange came surfacing … our license does not seem to work correctly, because the ‘Document explorer’ only shows a certain number of nodes and then gives a message saying :
This document was truncated here because it was created using Aspose.Words in Evaluation Mode.[!SectionBreak!]
And than I checked a lot of documents we made the last couple of months and all docs have the following text in the first node:
Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd.Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Words. Copyright 2003-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd.
So I checked everything again like mentioned in your documentation and your website and which you repeat to answer on every post regarding licensing:

1. When my application is started, the first thing I do is creating a new Aspose.Words.License object.
  2. Secondly, I set the license with the ‘SetLicense’ procedure.
    3 I downloaded our licensefile again, added it again to my project as an embedded resource.
  3. I downloaded the latest version of Aspose.Words (11.8), copied the dll to my project folder and created a reference.
  4. In debug mode I checked if the license is indead created and set, and yes, this is done.
    So, my only guess is that something is wrong with our license file. The generated documents all have the evaluation message, but this is not shown in the document at all, you can only see it in the nodes with the ‘Document Explorer’.
    Please advice on what to do?
    best regards,
    Steffen

silly suggestion (because I have done this a couple of times & also because VS has inexplicably reverted my setting to copy none) but check “Copy if newer” set on the .lic file (and have a look at the one that should already have copied over to the bin folder to make sure it is the droid/license file you are looking for…

I was very hopefull, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem … still hidden evaluation messages in my docs. I checked the bin folder and it is indeed the correct license file.
But thanks for the hint anyway.

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your query. Please download again the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 11.8.0 and check it with your license file. There was an issue with Aspose.Words for .NET 11.8.0 (DLL only) uploaded at the start of this month. We have uploaded new setup again.

Moreover, every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. So, please check the expiration date of your license and upgrade to the newest version. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2012.
If you need to update to the latest version of Aspose.Words, but your license does not allow you to update to this version, you should contact Aspose sales team to renew your license.

https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

If you still face problem, please share your licence file (via email) for investigation purposes.

Hello Tahir,
thanks for your comments. I already did install the latest version yesterday, so this is not the solution.
But, by accident, my colleague found the solution :slight_smile:
He loaded a word-file in the document explorer and guess what, we had the same evaluation message from aspose, even when the document was created by word … so we found out directly that it was not the document, but the demo program ‘document explorer’ which puts the messages in the files. And indeed, I did compile the program during our evaluation of your product a few months ago, and after we got the license, I did not recompile it anymore with the valid license.
So, if anybody has the same issue, they now have a simple solution! :slight_smile:
Regards, Steffen

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that you have solved your problem. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.