Stream-based API for email storage formats (PST/Mbox)

Hey,
We are using Aspose mail for working with PST and Mbox files. For creating PST files we see that there’s an API that takes in a Stream-based object but for reading PST files there’s no such option. We have our custom implementation based on the Stream interface and we’d like to use that.
As for Mbox, we see that there’s no such option for both creating and reading using Stream.

Kindly let us know if it’s possible to provide such API.

@gauthamr

Please check this API reference guide link for your convenience. The API does provide the support for loading PST from stream.

Sorry. I should have been clearer. I had meant that the Java library does not have “fromStream” API that takes com.aspose.ms.System.IO.Stream as an argument. Same is the case for Mbox aswell. There’s one that takes in java.io.InputStream but that takes up heap space for large files as I had reported here.

@gauthamr

Can you please refer to this API reference guide link for your convenience. Secondly, for shared thread, I have added feedback over following link.

@mudassir.fayyaz
In the API reference link, we can see the there are three “fromStream” API but none of them take in com.aspose.ms.System.IO.Stream. Kindly let us know if there’s a possibility of providing one for the usage mentioned here.
Also, the same case in MboxrdStorageWriter as well.

@gauthamr

We have shared the mechanism for CustomStream implementation in the specified thread. Unfortunately, I didn’t get what further API may offer in this regard.

@mudassir.fayyaz
We are looking for the support of the following API:

PersonalStorage.fromStream(com.aspose.email.system.io.Stream stream);
    MboxrdStorageWriter writer = new MboxrdStorageWriter(com.aspose.email.system.io.Stream stream);
    MboxrdStorageReader reader = new MboxrdStorageReader(com.aspose.email.system.io.Stream stream);

Kindly let us know the possibility.

@gauthamr

We have added an issue with ID EMAILJAVA-34776 as new feature request to provide support or Stream loading in API. This thread has been linked with the issue so that we may notify you once the support will be available in API.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-34776) have been fixed in this update.