String index out of bound exception for an excel file

Hi,
I have a excel file which works perfectly fine in aspose.cells 23+ where as in aspose.cells 19 version we get the below error:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 0

• at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapw.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapw.B(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapw.A(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapw.z(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapw.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zcre.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zd.d(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zd.r(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zd.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zapu.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zjq.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.zjq.a(Unknown Source)
  • at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)

I use licensed aspose cells product for 19. version. Can we expect the fix for this issue in the lower version of aspose cells?

Please note I cannot share the file.

Thanks
Sushma Raghupathi

@sushmaIBM,
Thank you for providing exception information. We are sorry but we cannot evaluate your issue based on older versions of the APIs (i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v19.xx). Neither we can include any fixes to older versions the APIs, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and try latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java v23.8.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Hi @John.He

Thank you for your quick response. But earlier I had received the below response with respect to licensing.

"Your error suggests that your existing license (the license file which you are using) is expired to use newer versions of Aspose.Cells for Java API, you need to buy/get new license. Please note, you can use your existing license with any Aspose.Cells for Java version which was released before your license expiry date (i.e., 2021-09-30). To use newer versions of the API, you need to upgrade your subscription.

FYI, when you purchase a license for the product, you will be authorized to use the license file with any new (and upcoming (official versions)) versions or hot fixes of the component for the next whole year. Moreover, your license will never expire if you continue to use your license with the product’s version/hotfix that should be released before your subscription expiry date. "

As per this,
“Moreover, your license will never expire if you continue to use your license with the product’s version/hotfix that should be released before your subscription expiry date.”

So I should be able to get a hot fix right ?

Thanks
Sushma Raghupathi

@sushmaIBM,
When your license has not expired. You can use any hotfix and release normally. But after your license expires, you need to purchase a new license to use the new version.
We are sorry but we cannot include any fixes to older versions the APIs, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. The hotfix we provide is fixed and updated on the latest version. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to and try latest version.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

@sushmaIBM,

I think you may try to use Aspose.Cells for Java v21.9 (which your license allows to use it) if it works with error?

@John.He @amjad.sahi

Thanks for the update. I will try on the mentioned version

@sushmaIBM,
Thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.