Stuck setting up Slides using Mono on Linux server

Trying to get Aspose.Slides for .NET running on CentOS using Mono, but now I’m stuck.

I got some demos working on Windows, but our server is Linux, and we need to be able to create/edit PPTX (not PPT).

I’ve been scouring the web to no avail. No one has put together a step-by-step Installation for newbies.

This would be an easy purchase for my company if I get it working and all functionality we need is available.

Hear that, Aspose? That’s easy money for you if this software package works.

----------------

CentOS version 5.9

----------------

WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v1.1.4322

** (Aspose.Slides.VB.TextDemo.exe:16502): WARNING : The following assembly referenced from /root/aspose/demos/vb.net/Text/bin/Aspose.Slides.VB.TextDemo.exe could not be loaded:
Assembly: Microsoft.VisualBasic (assemblyref_index=1)
Version: 10.0.0.0
Public Key: b03f5f7f11d50a3a
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/root/aspose/demos/vb.net/Text/bin/).

(Aspose.Slides.VB.TextDemo.exe:16502): WARNING : Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies.

(Aspose.Slides.VB.TextDemo.exe:16502): WARNING **: Missing method SetProjectError in assembly /root/aspose/demos/vb.net/Text/bin/Aspose.Slides.VB.TextDemo.exe, type Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.ProjectData

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a’ or one of its dependencies.
File name: “Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a”

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the stack trace shared by you and like to share that it doe not specify the issue with Aspose.Slides but in fact an issue with Microsoft.VisualBasic. Can you please verify the same on your end by creating a simple sample mono application by using Aspose.Slides for .NET 7.8.0 and verifying that. If there is still an issue then please share the sample mono project along with details about mono version used on your end. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Many Thanks,

I actually decided to switch to IIS, so the evaluation works fine for me now.

Hi Angelo,

That is appreciable that things are fine on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,