Subject not displayed for a meeting sent to Gmail through Aspose

Hi,

We are trying to send a meeting request using Aspose.Email Dll to an Gmail account from a windows forms application (Framework 3.5)
But while viewing the received mail in Gmail the meeting does not have the Subject.

Please find below the code to reproduce this.
(The same issue appears for Orange email account also. We have not tested for other email service providers)
Please let us know how to solve this. Thanks.

Dim msg As New MailMessage()
msg.To.Add("XXXXXXXXXX")
msg.From = New MailAddress("YYYYYYYYYY")
msg.Subject = "TEST_SUBJECT_THAT_WILL_NOT_COME"
msg.Body = "TEST_BODY"
Dim agendaAppointment As Appointment = Nothing
agendaAppointment = New Appointment("TEST_SUBJECT_THAT_WILL_NOT_COME", System.DateTime.Now, System.DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(10), msg.From, msg.[To])
agendaAppointment.UniqueId = Guid.NewGuid().ToString()
agendaAppointment.Description = "TEST_BODY"
msg.AlternateViews.Add(agendaAppointment.RequestApointment())
Dim smtp As SmtpClient = New SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com", 587, "EMAIL_ADDRESS", "PASSWORD")
smtp.EnableSsl = True
smtp.Send(msg)

Please note that if the mail is viewed in Gmail from Internet Explorer, then the subject is there in the mail. But when we see the attached meeting.ics file, the subject i.e., the summary is empty.

If the Gmail account is configured in Outlook, then in the mail itself the subject is empty.

Please let us know how to solve this issue?

Regards,
Deivarayan

Hi Deivarayan,

I have tested this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 3.0 and, unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce this issue using the following lines of code. I have also attached a screenshot of the received appointment request in Gmail and the message subject is clearly visible as you can see highlighted. I would request you to please use the latest version of Aspose.Email at your end and let us know your feedback.

Sample Code:

// Create attendees of the meeting
MailAddressCollection attendees = new MailAddressCollection();
attendees.Add("receiver1@gmail.com");
attendees.Add("newcustomeronnet@gmail.com");

Appointment app = new Appointment("Location: Mess", DateTime.Now.AddHours(1), DateTime.Now.AddHours(2), new MailAddress("AEtest12@gmail.com"), attendees);
app.Summary = "Test Summary";
app.UniqueId = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();

// setup message that needs to be sent
MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
msg.From = "AEtest12@gmail.com";
msg.To = "receiver@gmail.com";
msg.Subject = "Test Mail Subject";
msg.Body = "you are invited";

// add meeting request to the message
msg.AddAlternateView(app.RequestApointment());

// setup smtp client to send email with meeting request
SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient("smtp.gmail.com", 587, "aetest12", "password");
smtp.EnableSsl = true;
smtp.Send(msg);